What's new
What's new

Industrial hydraulic cylinder options

Bear in mind that the higher pressures you run the more heat you generate. So rule of thumb don't run more than you need. On a low duty cycle not much of a problem but on a high cycle can cause problems especialy if your system doesn't have an aux cooler( which are easy to make or add) 140deg F or so is hot enough to cook off moisture. Most low duty just use the tank as a heat sink.
Good point. The tank is about 12 to 15 gallon, or thereabouts.
Bob

Baily has some high end stuff . They do have the cheap tie rod cylinders but offer some much better quality options. So not have catalog on hand to give part numbers

Bear in mind that the higher pressures you run the more heat you generate. So rule of thumb don't run more than you need. On a low duty cycle not much of a problem but on a high cycle can cause problems especialy if your system doesn't have an aux cooler( which are easy to make or add) 140deg F or so is hot enough to cook off moisture. Most low duty just use the tank as a heat sink.
That is a good point.
Most of the time is lower pressure travel time but the mussel is there when you need it. Coolers are easy to add, in fact it would be a little odd to see a production machine that didn’t have one. Something I would keep high on the list is serviceability of the cylinders . How do they come apart and are the seals readily available.

Cut the back apron/chute off this morning so I could get to lower cylinders and slides.
I'll cut the old slides off next.
Dave,
You mentioned maintenance of cylinders - check out the lower ones.....
Bob

Attachments

• IMG_5855.jpg
    IMG_5855.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
They are pretty stout little tie rod cylinders. Looks like about 5/8” rods . They will breakdown for resealing but they have the most places to fail also. If you don’t ask too much from a cylinder it can go a long time service free. If it is run near limits often you might want a more robust design. Look at it like safety factor for rigging straps. Side load is a killer on all. A good hard plastic pop in wiper is your best friend in general design. Parker has great info online about seal design and material and the pressures and temperatures you can expect to endure. The clearance tolerances on seals is critical or you will get extruded seals.

While I have used hydraulic cylinder with Zenith Hydromatics products, I can share some insights based on my general experience with hydraulic cylinders and what I've learned from colleagues in the industry.

While hydraulic cylinder have a strong reputation in the industry, the key to successful integration with Zenith Hydromatics machinery lies in careful planning and consideration of compatibility, customization, and support. I would recommend contacting Zenith Hydromatics for technical advice tailored to your specific needs.

So Connect 8200534779 and Find your Solution .

Back