What's new
What's new

info on Ingersoll rand compressor

coppersteel

Plastic
looking for any information i can get on a Ingersoll rand NE-1 air compressor. if anyone has info or places to look it up I would appreciate it. I'm trying to save this one from being scraped. If you knows how much something like this would weigh please let me know ill need to get a good trailer to hull it away. its 9 foot long and 3.5 feet wide from the outside if the fly wheels.

20220723_115309 (1).jpg

There are several old threads on old compressors on this forum if you try the forum search some are about Ingersoll Rand and others have posts about Ingersoll Rand in them .
I can't save the search link or couldn't in the old forum format but this is one of them .
You might also try sending a private message to Rick Rowlands who has posted in this linked thread or perhaps connecting with him through the Youngstown Steel Heritage Museum
Another thread I posted I.R. links in
Good luck with your efforts to save the compressor.
You don't give a location under your user name so perhaps if you were to give a general location where you or the compressor are there may be some members of this forum that could help you if you aren't too far away .
Jim

coppersteel:

Please post the bore and stroke of your NE-1, this will determine the weight. The NE-1 with poppet style valves was replaced
by the ER-1 with Rogler style valves. I used to own and operate a NE-1 more than fifty years ago and I should still have all the
information about this type compressor in my files. If you go back further in time , you can even find this style with Hurricane
valves and tailrod inlets, all good I-R compressors. Somewhere in the archives, I posted information about the NE-1 compressors, but I can't tell you where to find it.

Hendeyman

coppersteel:

Please post the bore and stroke of your NE-1, this will determine the weight. The NE-1 with poppet style valves was replaced
by the ER-1 with Rogler style valves. I used to own and operate a NE-1 more than fifty years ago and I should still have all the
information about this type compressor in my files. If you go back further in time , you can even find this style with Hurricane
valves and tailrod inlets, all good I-R compressors. Somewhere in the archives, I posted information about the NE-1 compressors, but I can't tell you where to find it.

Hendeyman
Only info I got is the comp cycle is 12, the stroke is 11" disch press is 100. Thank you for trying to help.

Please update your location, as this will allow more relevant answers. One nice old engine museum is the Coolspring Power Museum in Coolspring, PA. They focus on gas field equipment, but I think they have a number of air compressors as well. They might be able to link you to another museum that might be more relevant.

They have a big Snow gas compressor that they run that is amazing.

Please update your location, as this will allow more relevant answers. One nice old engine museum is the Coolspring Power Museum in Coolspring, PA. They focus on gas field equipment, but I think they have a number of air compressors as well. They might be able to link you to another museum that might be more relevant.

They have a big Snow gas compressor that they run that is amazing.
I'll see if I can get in contact with them, im located in battlecreek Michigan so I'm a ways from them.

Last edited:

Back