What's new
What's new

Insize Measuring Instruments

aashray

Plastic
I have been looking for some new measuring instruments like Verniers Calipers, Micrometers, Dial Indicators and Dial Test Indicators for quite sometime now. I have checked the price at a Mitutoyo dealer but they are a little expensive for me. Are Insize instruments good? How do they perform in terms of durability and maintaining the accuracy over a long period when compared to Mitutoyo Instruments?

In addition to my 2 Mitutoyo calipers I have an 8" Insize for 5 years now. Accurate, operates smooth and battery lasted me about 3 years. I like the larger digits, and my Mitutoyos are getting a little dim after 25 year of use. Keeps it's zero which my Mitutoyos don't. But resetting zero to a size is easier with the Mitutoyo.
The Mitutoyo batteries last me about 8 years due to the complete shut down.

I have an Insize .0001 indicator but haven't used it enough to see if it lasts. Bought it at a pawn shop so it was already used but looked new.

Dave

For about 10 years I have had excellent service from my Insize dial indicators, both dials and mag bases. If taken care of they will last about 3-5 years of daily use. If dropped on their head they wont give you a heart attack like a Starrett would. (I simply don't drop my Starrett tools).

The Insize mics are excellent. Patterned after the Mitutoyo. The ratchet and the locks funtion well without falling apart. The feel on the thimble is smooth and they seat solidly although not quite as solid as a Starrett mic. That being said I can reliably measure to .0002" with them.

The calipers feel a bit cheap but good bang for your buck. This brand appears to be in high demand globally.
JT

I have a pair of insize 12" digital calipers I like. In general I think the fit and finish is very good.

I considered some insize micrometers but after i saw the published accuracy I changed my mind.

Wound up finding a 6-12 mitutoyo set 60's vintage used very, very little, some not at all. Not one bit of chipped paint.

Reactions: twr
I picked up a pair of Insize digital calipers new in the box. 40" capacity. Kind of hard measuring something in the 0-6" range. Will say they are very nice and calibrated against a 24" Mitutoyo standard right on the money. Really need to find a home for them.

Back