What's new
What's new

Installing automatic lubrication on the machine

Milling man

Aluminum
Colleagues, hello everyone.
I recently replaced a manual lube pump with an electrically driven pump on my Mazak FF-660 machine. Replacing the pump itself, of course, is unlikely to cause difficulties for someone. But making it so that the pump turns on itself and when needed - this can be a difficult task (for such lamers in programming it is a VERY difficult task).
When I started this task, I was not at all sure that it would be successful. The thing is that I wanted to turn on the lubrication not using a timer, but using the axle mileage counter. Yes, of course, connecting a banal timer would be quite simple, this is done on our other machine, Mazak VCS530C. Everything works well, but one tube of grease for the slideways costs 70 euros, which is a significant expense for us. Therefore, I decided to do everything as it seems ideal to me.
And so, if you take the value of the axle mileage somewhere, then everything will be quite simple - you need to compare it with the specified mileage (for example, 100 miles) and if some axle has already traveled more, you need to turn on the lubrication pump. The biggest problem is how to get this mileage value. I solved this problem in the machine ladder with the WINDR element. Each cycle of the staircase compares the previous position value of each axis with the current one. The difference in modulus of these numbers is added to the previous value of the mileage on each axis. Then everything is simple - as soon as this value reaches the established one (I set 100 kilometers, according to TNK catalogs), lubrication is turned on and the mileage value is reset.
I attach a file with my ladderView attachment PMC_GREASE.zip to the topic. Six months ago, it would have been a very valuable gift for me. The axes mileage is calculated at the beginning of the LEVEL2 program. Now I have done the processing of readings in the program only along the X axis. I think it will not be difficult to multiply elements for other axes using the model of this axis. Variable names are partly formed from English words, and partly from Russian - my apologies for that, as I said, the programmer is not the best of me :) After two months of operation, I see how much less lubricant consumption than a machine with timer lubrication. Approximately 2 times less. Probably, this task is more relevant for small industries, where the machine is readjusted to a new part for a long time. The axis can move a meter or two within a few hours during tuning.

Milling man

Aluminum
Hello dear colleagues.
I finally completed the axle mileage counter. Lubrication turns on when the set mileage is reached, while the mileage value is reset to zero. I am attaching an archive with the PMC program to the message. I tried to remove all transliteration and made all the names and comments to the variables in English.
Let me explain in more detail how it works:
1. The current machine coordinates of the axes (in microns) are read using the WINDR-28 function. X(Y,Z)CURPS
2. 1.500.000 is added to the current coordinate of each axis - in order to continue to work always with a positive value. X(Y, Z)CUP+
3. X(Y, Z)CUP+ is subtracted from the previous axis coordinate (written in the previous PMC cycle) (X(Y, Z)PRVCO). X(Y, Z)DISTN
4. X(Y, Z)DISTN is compared to zero. If X(Y, Z)DISTN is less than zero, then it is multiplied by -1. If X(Y, Z)DISTN is greater than zero, it remains unchanged.
5. X(Y, Z)DISTN is added to the X(Y,Z)_TRAV variable. The result of this operation is written to X(Y,Z)_TRAV.
6. X(Y, Z)CUP+ is written to X(Y, Z)PRVCO.
7. X(Y,Z)_TRAV is compared to 1.000.000.000 (one billion microns in one kilometer). If X(Y,Z)_TRAV is greater than a billion, the value of X(Y,Z)TRVKM is increased by one. After that, the value of X(Y,Z)_TRAV is reset to zero.
8. The values ​​of the variables XTRVKM, YTRVKM, ZTRVKM are compared with the variable D0120 (it can be written via the PMCPRM->DATA menu). This is the number of kilometers through which lubrication will occur
9. Next is the lubrication pump operation unit. It turns on for 30 seconds, then it cannot be turned on for 120 seconds.
The pump is switched on either with the variable TRVGR or with the variable F0072.5 - this is a screen button in the OFFSET->OPRT menu. You can name it whatever you like. There are 6 or 8 variables in this menu, you can choose any and replace F0072.5 with your choice.
10. After 30 seconds of operation of the lubrication pump, if the lubrication is turned on due to the mileage of the axles (and not manually), the values ​​XTRVKM, YTRVKM, ZTRVKM are reset.
11. Variable K9.7 activates lubrication due to axle travel. You can disable this without editing the PMC program.

The output that activates the lubricant pump is Y4.7. It can also be replaced with the one you need :)

When I found out that Sinumeric simply has a variable like distance_lubrication, I was ready to bang my head against the wall .... You just take it and use it, and not write a bunch of lines in the ladder.

View attachment Grease.zip