What's new
What's new

International shipping of machinery yes or no?

Mr Steel

Plastic
I am goin to set up a factory in another country, but the milling machines where I am are an order of magnitude cheaper and more easily available, would it be viable to buy say several milling machines down here and ship them to my factory?

At the moment sea freight rates are sky high...best to check for yourself .....anyway ,if you can pack max tonnage per container,it may be economic ....only you can know that......Then ,there may be import duties ,VATs,and other costs....such as many jurisdictions demand thorough cleaning of used machines.......You should also make sure you are up to date on asbestos rules if there is any concern there.

I am goin to set up a factory in another country, but the milling machines where I am are an order of magnitude cheaper and more easily available, would it be viable to buy say several milling machines down here and ship them to my factory?
There used to be a member "AppyChappy" from your area.

It would be helpful if you wrote more specifics. Speaking in general, about some kind of abstract transportation of abstract machines, then why not? In almost all countries, duties on equipment are not very high. I would be more concerned about the cost of transportation and how and where to insure the whole procedure.

For those who were asking I wish to ship from South Africa to the Russian Federation.

I wish to ship 3 universal milling machines.

I do not think any non russian flag ships are allowed into Russia at this time. Basically the border is closed to all shipments in or out,. Maybe through China is still allowed. The situation is fluid and it may be closed by the time your shipment gets to the border.
Insurance will not cover delays or any acts of war.
Bill D

I do not think any non russian flag ships are allowed into Russia at this time. Basically the border is closed to all shipments in or out,. Maybe through China is still allowed. The situation is fluid and it may be closed by the time your shipment gets to the border.
Insurance will not cover delays or any acts of war.
Bill D
I was thinking I would wait the conflict out.

I was thinking I would wait the conflict out.

If I was Russian and in South Africa, I think I'd stay there, wouldn't want to go to Russia then get conscripted. You don't want to be ground up and spit out by the Ukrainians....

For those who were asking I wish to ship from South Africa to the Russian Federation.

I wish to ship 3 universal milling machines.

This makes zero sense, so machines in SA are so cheap you can ship all the way to Russia, which isn't going to be cheap, then get to Russian customs, bribing Russian customs to get the machines thru isn't going to be cheap, and unless your 'factory' is near the port, overland transportation isn't going to be cheap.

Your either having us on, or you don't know what your doing.

This makes zero sense, so machines in SA are so cheap you can ship all the way to Russia, which isn't going to be cheap, then get to Russian customs, bribing Russian customs to get the machines thru isn't going to be cheap, and unless your 'factory' is near the port, overland transportation isn't going to be cheap.

Your either having us on, or you don't know what your doing.

See for yourself, all the listed prices are sky high, down here you can get a Lagun univeral mill for $2000.

See for yourself, all the listed prices are sky high, down here you can get a Lagun univeral mill for $2000.

You mistake me for somebody who gives a crap about anything to do with Russians or Russia.

Back