What's new
What's new

Intro and What's This?

pnb45369

Plastic
Hello everyone! I wasn't sure of how to title the subject of this thread.

As it states, this is my intro:

My father recently passed away and now my family and I are faced with having to figure all what to do with "all this stuff".

In regards to the "What's this?", I am hoping to be able to use this thread to post pictures and get some feedback and advice related to what it is and whether or not we should keep, sell or scrap.

It's quite overwhelming. Outsider looking in, depending on the person, the thoughts of my dad could range anywhere between him having been a junkyard hoarder to a collector of magnificent things full of potential.

One of my main concerns is scrapping or selling a part that belongs to a machine making the machine not worth keeping or sellable. Given that, I'm hoping if I post a picture, I'll get feedback to include what it is and maybe what else to look for and keep together.

Any advice and resources is greatly appreciated!

DDoug

Diamond
Hello everyone! I wasn't sure of how to title the subject of this thread.

As it states, this is my intro:

My father recently passed away and now my family and I are faced with having to figure all what to do with "all this stuff".

In regards to the "What's this?", I am hoping to be able to use this thread to post pictures and get some feedback and advice related to what it is and whether or not we should keep, sell or scrap.

It's quite overwhelming. Outsider looking in, depending on the person, the thoughts of my dad could range anywhere between him having been a junkyard hoarder to a collector of magnificent things full of potential.

One of my main concerns is scrapping or selling a part that belongs to a machine making the machine not worth keeping or sellable. Given that, I'm hoping if I post a picture, I'll get feedback to include what it is and maybe what else to look for and keep together.

Any advice and resources is greatly appreciated!

Uhm yeah....please read the stickies up top about proper title, and learn how to post some pix.

And remember, we are all volunteers and would like to help you, don't abuse the help offered here.

Milland

Diamond
First off, condolences on the loss of your dad, that's always tough.

I would suggest that you try to take good, well lit and focused pictures of the items you're unsure of, and post your questions with a clear, informative thread title. It does matter, as that helps with future searches.

I pity whoever has to clean up after me, the "why did he buy that?" and concomitant head slaps will lead to concussions.

pnb45369

Plastic
Uhm yeah....please read the stickies up top about proper title, and learn how to post some pix.

And remember, we are all volunteers and would like to help you, don't abuse the help offered here.

Is recommended that I create a new thread for each item I have questions about? If so, I will do that. I didn't know if it would be easier to keep it in one discussion or not.

Also, I understand completely. I do not want to waste anyone's time and I will not take anyone's time and resources for granted.

pnb45369

Plastic
First off, condolences on the loss of your dad, that's always tough.

I would suggest that you try to take good, well lit and focused pictures of the items you're unsure of, and post your questions with a clear, informative thread title. It does matter, as that helps with future searches.

I pity whoever has to clean up after me, the "why did he buy that?" and concomitant head slaps will lead to concussions.

To give you an idea of what we're facing, my parents have about 12 acres and there is something sitting somewhere almost everywhere. There's a condenser(I think) of some sort about 10 feet wide and 10 feet tall. He set it up in a church while it was being build/reconstructed by the parishioners to keep it cool. Now it's just sitting in the yard. We have no idea of what to do with it.

DDoug

Diamond
Is recommended that I create a new thread for each item I have questions about? If so, I will do that. I didn't know if it would be easier to keep it in one discussion or not.

Also, I understand completely. I do not want to waste anyone's time and I will not take anyone's time and resources for granted.

No don't do that, your still not reading and understanding.

One thread all inclusive, with a proper title, and don't waste our time on scrap metal.