What's new
What's new

Iron hauling - New lowering trailer I saw today

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
My electric pallet jack was delivered on one of these...the dual axle 10,000 lb cargo capacity version. Just press a button and it lowers to a really low angle. The tops of the fenders automatically pop up to clear the tires as it lowers. I wonder how it would haul with 10,000 lbs in it but overall it was one of the most seriously stout looking trailers in the aprox. twenty foot length range I've ever seen. Very serious D rings for numerous tie down points...rings were probably 1/2" diameter material. No idea on the price. Will call tomorrow.

Home

Their website is amazingly lame... the one video shows a smaller model that is not nearly as impressive as the larger one...but gives some idea of the function. Whoever had the bright idea to have a small photo obscuring the good stuff on the larger photos should be dope slapped. No mention of location but by area code seem to be in South Bend, IN area.

Very inteeeresting....

How much weight penalty for the mechanism ?

It appears quite simple, so it shouldn't be much over a standard flat bed trailer.

Details off an ad: See No Ramp Trailer.com

3 Degree Load Angle 14,000 lb GVWR (~10,500 lb payload) 7,000 lb GAWR (X2) 8000 lb Manual Tongue Jack Torsion Suspension 80″ Wide Usable Deck 19 ft. Long Deck / 24 ft. Overall LED Lights 8 Lug 235/85 R16 Radials Diamond Plate Tail DOT/NHTSA Reg. Safety Cables Diamond Plate Fenders Protected Wire Harness
2 X 3200psi Hydraulic Cylinders 3/8″ 6″ X 6″ Angle Frame 4″ Cross C Channel Brace (16″ On Center)
Powder Coating Large Systems Box w/ Locking SS Latch Heavy Duty Safety Chains 3/8″ Stake Pockets and Rub Rail Deck Locking Safety Mechanism Second 2” Receiver for Options $10,999.00 Factory Pick Up Price in Elkhart IN. Can also be picked up at our locations in Ft. Myers & Marianna FL.

* Trailer shown with the following Options: Movable D-Rings, Complete DuraKote Finish

Neat product, but my goodness that website is annoying. On most of the splash pages, a small photo covers much of the interesting stuff on the bigger photo.

You can find unobscured pictures, but all the main pages make viewing their product hard to do. Geez.

I didn't spend time digging too far...
The mechanism seems to be the hydraulic cylinders just forward of the wheels, and some sort of unseen bellcrank affair to alter the axle height and flip the fenders up. (Or, a mechanism that just drags the frame down to the limit of the rubber suspension... a non-optimal method, I think.) They seem slightly heavier than a similar commercial-duty trailer. I have a 6x10 tilt Felling commercial/rental style trailer that weighs 1750 lbs. A similar size on the site, with hydraulics, was about 1900 if I recall.

I think there's nothing going on up front except a battery and hydraulic pump.

Chip

nice product, wondering how price compares with say a drop deck - as in the JLG style. I found one of those felling's, 7000lb's, used for 1900....any idea what they are new? while I get the lower angle and power etc are nice, the felling looks to be a fraction of the price

Their website is amazingly lame... the one video shows a smaller model that is not nearly as impressive as the larger one...but gives some idea of the function. Whoever had the bright idea to have a small photo obscuring the good stuff on the larger photos should be dope slapped. No mention of location but by area code seem to be in South Bend, IN area.

I was getting quite annoyed at the pics as well!

I have a customer that makes something like these too.
He doesn't seem to have a website tho. :skep:

Elkhart, Indiana is "Trailer Central", but South Bend aint far away.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

How much weight penalty for the mechanism ?
It appears quite simple, so it shouldn't be much over a standard flat bed trailer.
The one I saw yesterday probably weighed at least twice as much as a standard issue dual axle trailer that size and capacity. All of the metal seemed twice as thick as one normally sees...the red oak decking was twice as thick also....very impressive looking trailer. At $11,000 it becomes a moot point for most of us but it would be the cat's meow if hauling forklifts and such often enough to justify the price. Certainly a lot cheaper than a rollback truck that can carry a 10K load and way easier to load on to as well. Just drive the forklift on rather than having to be winched on.

As an aside, another look at the website and now I see there actually are three videos, not just one.

yes, different construction in the same trailers...

We have a local manuf call "Appalachian Trailers"

Builds to be lowest cost. I was poking around a 14k gooseneck,
brand new, was in neighbors weld shop for mod's.

Ugh, extremely cheap and light build.

Your description sounds like the trailer is built for a rental firm, that will be using
it to deliver machinery for rental.

Your description sounds like the trailer is built for a rental firm, that will be using
it to deliver machinery for rental.
Yep, and from pix on their website that seems to be the target market. Esp nice for low machines like scissor lifts, electric sweepers and such. Us sporatic users just get to drool as the prices are up there but easily justifiable by high volume rental firms and forklift dealers.

I forgot to mention, on the one I saw yesterday, even the wheels were impressive... "mag" wheels, like on a muscle car, rather than the usual stamped steel fare. Of course that part was a little silly but added to the overall "holy cow, what a trailer !" impression. ;)

i rented one of these recently, to get my "new" horizontal mill home. just great, i was able to get it into the shop with a pallet jack.

i rented one of these recently, to get my "new" horizontal mill home. just great, i was able to get it into the shop with a pallet jack.
That what I was thinking...that one might be able to roll a machine on the trailer with an electric pallet jack and not even need a forklift. Winch in conjunction with pallet jack would be a lot safer though. The one I saw did have a square tube at the "headboard" ready to receive a removable electric winch.

Has anyone else seen Airbagged Trailers? Obviously not aimed at machinery moving, but yet another way to lower a trailer. Their only web presence seems to be on Facebook.

554976_197764650397867_153053846_n.jpg

Has anyone else seen Airbagged Trailers? Obviously not aimed at machinery moving, but yet another way to lower a trailer. Their only web presence seems to be on Facebook.

554976_197764650397867_153053846_n.jpg

Oh my....what some people won't come up with...

How does the framework (the flatbed portion looks to be all of 2" thick)
resist the torsional forces when it is running down the road ?
Ie: causing the wheels to "splay out" when seen from behind ?

Oh my....what some people won't come up with...

How does the framework (the flatbed portion looks to be all of 2" thick)
resist the torsional forces when it is running down the road ?
Ie: causing the wheels to "splay out" when seen from behind ?
What is it for, hauling helium ?

Back