What's new
What's new

Issues finding way cover wipers for 2020 haas vf4ss

Shawn_Laughlin

Aluminum
My 2020 vf4ss way cover wipers barely last a year a half, which probably equals 1/2 a years worth of cutting for some of you guys or maybe less. Mine are wrinkled and not wiping much of anything.
I could go on for hours but I’ll keep it short.
They aren’t sure what wipers they installed on mine and the two that they listed, even though one type is similar it doesn’t work. They make the cover bind and bow up like a rainbow when they retract. Anyone else had any issues like this?
Anyone pulled their covers and noticed if there wipers have a clear tube used with the wiper?
Mine doesn’t use the clear tube.

Attachments

• 2B2F071C-26FE-4976-9415-5F698E9E3653.jpeg
    2B2F071C-26FE-4976-9415-5F698E9E3653.jpeg
    508 KB · Views: 53
The VF2SS we got had early failure on the wipers and they arrived wrinkled as well from the factory. On our new DT, the rear wiper doesn't even come in contact with the slide, so coolant and chips go under the wiper. Machine has less about 17hours.

The clear tube is new style. I was down for almost 5 weeks waiting on the correct wipers to arrived for my vf2. Haas end up sending me a vf3 kit and I just cut the wipers correctly length. The first few kits I recieved had pieces that were too short, missing pieces, etc.

Just an update sorry I haven’t replied to anyone but it’s March and they still haven’t got it figured out. The ones they sent me use a rubber tube but mine did not have those on the original that came new with the machine.
I installed them anyways and the kit was short 2 wipers. The longest and shortest one we’re missing. They are so tight but had to use them and last night they have started to come apart. Been on the machine for I guess a little over a month. I’ve been going back and forth with seperate people bc I get pushed on someone else. I’m fucking sick of this shit. I am fucking regretting buying this machine. Im wondering with the way mine was delivered if it was a machine that someone else rejected. Im bout to call them right now. This is bullshit.

This company is one option I have used before, you can't just order for a "2020 HAAS". However with a bit of measuring, sketch and some photos these guys are very helpful.

Back