What's new
What's new

Issues with 4th Axis and Hole Location

thedude31

Plastic
I'm currently having issues with a part programmed on a 4th axis fixture mounted about 2.8" above centerline. My set up is exactly the way I have it modeled up in mastercam. Everything is within less than 5thou in position. Mastercam planes are good back plot shows exactly that I want it to do. But once I run the first drill cycle my x location is fine but my Y location is off by at least .150 too .200 thousands. Code looks good I've compared it to the old programmer. The original Program was made for a haas but since work picked up that haas is running dedicated parts. I figured I'd just bring the old program over and offset my Z (New Fixture made for OKK). His old program had the same issue with Y location so I figured I would re program it specifically for the OKK mill. I'm stumped and never seen anything like this before. Any help would be very appreciated! sorry for the shitty drawing

4th axis.JPG
Machine OKK CNC Mill with Neomatic 635 Control
Post is MPfan generic 4th axis post.

Ox

Diamond
Any chance that it is using CDC somehow?

Doo you still git the effect if you put zero's in the cutter Diameter files?

--------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

thedude31

Plastic
Any chance that it is using CDC somehow?

Doo you still git the effect if you put zero's in the cutter Diameter files?

--------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I was able to figure it out. Current Lead programmer instructed that I needed to place a G62 at the start of the program right before safety line for the OKK Mill to be able to read the Gcode. Never really understood why but once I removed it Drill went to the right location. Next time I'll post code :wall: Thanks for the help though much appreciated!