What's new
What's new

Jing JCS900-2AE can't set it up for lathe

tibimakai

Plastic
I have this readout display that I would like to set up for my mini lathe, but I can't set it up the diameter on it.
I have watch MrPragmatic Lee's video on Youtube, but on my display, that 6 x depressing the Inch/MM button trick does not work.
Also, I have tried doubling the resolution on the X axis, and it still doesn't work correctly.
If I calibrate it with an 1" block gage, it is OK, but if I add another block, it will be way off the measurement. Like the measurement is not linear.
I keep adding X linear compensation, but something is fishy with it.
We have purchased this display with two scales a few years ago, but we haven't really used, maybe two times and did not care about it.
Now, when I would really to use it, I can't ask for support anymore. The display it was purchased in 2018.
The only settings that I can access, is via, the "hidden" S button. There is not much that I can "play with".
Also when is booting up, it does not show Mill, Lathe, Grind.... It shows LC. What is LC? It is the ABS display, and not the ALE one. There is no empty display segment before the ABS, like I see on some display videos, where there is a special character, to show the diameter.
I would appreciate it a lot, if somebody could help me out with my issue.

I have a similar 2-axis DRO for lathe, struggled hours to set it for diameter. Finial solved it:
1, Press 'Enter' when power on.
2, Using up and down arrow to find " Rad or Diameter" setting.
3, At X axis, input '1', and press 'Enter'.
4, power off and power on, to check if X axis is already '1' at 'Rad or Diameter' setting.
5, If yes, you are done!

Back