What's new
What's new

JobBoss and Assembly jobs?

BeeBee

Plastic
Hello,
Do any of you use JobBoss to set up assembly jobs? I’m having a hard time tracking the component jobs in ShopView. The boss is about to kill me because he’ll ask me for a component and I can’t get any information under the component job number or the part number. Are we setting the jobs up wrong? I don’t have access to the administration areas, I’m just the shiprec, but if you have a good way to set these jobs up so they show up in ShopView, please tell me so I can give our administrator a heads up. Thanks for your help!

The Dude

Hot Rolled
I hope, but would be surprised, that you'll get a helpful response here (mostly as I get the sense that there aren't may users of this type of software that are active on discussions, not because nobody cares). There are active usergroups just for JobBOSS that you can find here: User Groups - Exact JobBOSS Hopefully one of these is active enough to help. Also, your company is likely paying for support that may entitle you to free phone help.

Good luck!
The Dude

BeeBee

Plastic
Yeah, it's a pretty specific question. Thanks for the referral! I appreciate you taking the time to reply!
-BeeBee

GarthT

Plastic
Hello,
Do any of you use JobBoss to set up assembly jobs? I’m having a hard time tracking the component jobs in ShopView. The boss is about to kill me because he’ll ask me for a component and I can’t get any information under the component job number or the part number. Are we setting the jobs up wrong? I don’t have access to the administration areas, I’m just the shiprec, but if you have a good way to set these jobs up so they show up in ShopView, please tell me so I can give our administrator a heads up. Thanks for your help!

Enter the top level Job # in the 'Job Scheduling' module. By doing so will automatically schedual the component jobs as well. (you can only have that module open if ShopBOSS is closed.

Garth