What's new
What's new

K.O. Lee S718 information needed

reggie_obe

Diamond
Picked a KOLEE S718 surface grinder. I know it wasn't made yesterday, but it seemed in good condition. I need a parts diagram and list if anyone has one. KOLEE will sell me a copy of their literature for $75, but I think that is a little high since they have a guarenteed parts order in the making.

I've got a KO Lee S714 grinder and from what I can tell, they never produced a manual for it. At least KO Lee can't supply one and I've never seen one on Ebay despite a year of looking fairly diligently.

I do have an old brochure that pictures both the S714 and S718 and they seem to be identical other than table travel. AIR, KO Lee does have a parts list on their web site that covers the S714 and I have a couple of pages of other info that may be of interest to you. Email me if you'd like a scanned copy in PDF format, though it may take me a few days to get to it.

BTW, so far as I know the $75 manual that KO Lee sells is primarily for their T&C grinders. The old Norton Toolroom Grinding books that sell on Ebay for $10 or so has similar info.

Mike

For some reason, the 718 list does not download. The 714 parts list does, as do the parts lists for the 618,714 & 718 hydraulic machines. They apparently are the same family, and probably share common parts. Better than nothing.

I had been to the KOLEE site several times before looking for information. I was never able to access the S714 or S718 parts list, always received a "page not found". Went back to the KOLEE site today. Tried to access the S718 parts list received the same result. I was able to access the S714 parts list. I have emailed them about this problem.

Thanks everyone.

reggie_obe,

K.O. Lee sent me a parts diagram in the mail 2 days ago for a 718. It took repeated emails to every address they have before I got it in the mail. They didn't even respond to any of the emails. :mad:
The diagram looks suspicously like every other diagram on their site. There is no information related specifically to the 718 other than the cover page.

I would like to get some care and maintenance information for the grinder myself.

I work 2nd shift and will take the pages in to work tonight to scan. I will email them to you tonight if at all possible. My serial number is 148000, I suspect it was made in the mid to late seventies.
-Mike

It's interesting to see which mfg's support their legacy machines and which would rather not be bothered. I suppose it has to do with whether they still have parts to sell, or even want to. I seem to remember that by law a mfg, or importer had to supply parts and service for seven years after a model was discontinued.

Reggie_obe,

I emailed the manual in PDF format to the address you supplied to the board. It is only 8 pages long.

In case you need belts, the guy I bought my grinder from said he got them from NAPA for $40 less than K.O.Lee.
:eek: :eek:
-Mike

Are any of y’all still active? Have a KO Lee S718 and having some finish problems. Machine is flat and level, spindle runout is negligible. I believe my belt had a bad spot in it that is transferring through the spindle to the wheel to the part. Any help is appreciated!

You need to start a new thread instead of digging up one from 2005 almost 20 years ago!!!
Also put you location under your aviator.
Oh, start it under the "Abrasive Machining" forum much quicker results posted there..

Back