What's new
What's new

K&T 2CH motor wanted

207stevet

Aluminum
Looking for a motor for a K&T 2CH horizontal mill. The motor that came with it is 575 volts - requires 2 stepdowns that are too large to deal with in the space available. Been looking off and on for a while, figured I'd give it another stab - machine has become a shelf and dust collection unit its not happy....

Believe its a frame 225

johnoder

Diamond
5 HP 1800 RPM would have been 215T as of 1952. As far as that goes you can put anything in there you like as long as it fits thru the door and you provide what ever is needed in the way of tapped holes - and do whatever is needed in the way of making the motor sheave (which originally included a fan) fit on the motor's shaft (215T will have 1.375 shaft)

The 1951 parts book CHR-33 simply states 5HP Electric Motor

Looking for a motor for a K&T 2CH horizontal mill. The motor that came with it is 575 volts - requires 2 stepdowns that are too large to deal with in the space available. Been looking off and on for a while, figured I'd give it another stab - machine has become a shelf and dust collection unit its not happy....

Believe its a frame 225

timvercoe

Hot Rolled
Ill have to look but I've got a 2k motor.I'm sure it 3 phase.......I'm In AZ I'm afraid the shipping would kill you....PM me f your'e interested and Ill check it out. Tim