What's new
What's new

Kansai Lathe?

Endrinkulli

Plastic
Forgive me if this is misplaced, this is my first post. I have found a metal lathe for a decent price, but I cannot find any information about it, anywhere. The placard says Kansai Machine Tools LTD 1965 and has a model number, but mention of that company doesnt exist anywhere that I can find either. I am a fan of japanese workmanship and would be inclined to buy it on their reputation alone given the price. But i would want to strip and paint it with an OEM scheme that im currently unaware of, and have some sort of an idea where to go for parts and information.

Coming to you guys hoping an old timer that has seen a lot of 60's machines has seen one like this. I have photos and will include them when i figure out how :)

00h0h-8-LF7-Xmrx-Uvhz-0ak07-K-600x450.jpg

00u0u-4-Sw0-Ec-Wsly-Bz-0ak07-K-600x450.jpg

IMG-3006.jpg

00808-2-KNm-Z0-Di-LZyz-07-K0ak-600x450.jpg

We have a Kansai sewing machine in our shop, a very nicely made machine - I had no idea they were that diversified.
OTOH, Toyota made sewing machines too, so why not .....

Parts may not be easy to find so be sure it is functional to your needs, everything works and it has a half nut for turning threads.

Does it need/have change gears for thread cutting?

Good to think about what you wish to do and choose a machine that can do those things.

Milacron I saw in another thread from ~14 years ago that you had a 1965 JMTTA book. You wouldn't have happened to hang on to that would you?

You might send a photo of the lathe to Tony, at LathesUK.
I looked, and he doesn't have a listing for any Kansai machines - He'd likely be interested to see it.

Perhaps a search on Google Japan or other Japanese search engine may turn up more search results if you can read Japanese or find someone to help you translate.
Here is one search I tried.
Kansai Lathe - Google Search
Perhaps a search using actual Japanese script may be more helpful.

Maybe someone more computer capable than I am can get one of the online translation programs to help with that too.

Jim

Holy crap I finally found them. Switched to duckduckgo and then google translate. Had to cross reference a fax number in an old JMTBA roster and a really crummy website with another website and the matching fax number listed together. Excellent advice to change browsers.

????????????????

Looks suspiciously like a Takisawa KL450 that sold at auction a while back. May have found a resource at least

Back