What's new
What's new

Kearney & Trecker Milwaukee 2K Universal Mill

Hopefully the timer was on from the beginning but it’s highly unlikely. The feed shaft tube is broken ( under the table right side). You’ll want to fix that before any chips make their way in to the gear box, bevel gears in there. If they chip out, the show is over for automatic feed and rapids.....unless you find a parts machine.

Hopefully the timer was on from the beginning but it’s highly unlikely. The feed shaft tube is broken ( under the table right side). You’ll want to fix that before any chips make their way in to the gear box, bevel gears in there. If they chip out, the show is over for automatic feed and rapids.....unless you find a parts machine.

Are you talking about the exposed shaft underneath the table directly above the yellow power knee engagement lever (the last pic in post #35)?

CONGRATULATIONS! Great looking K&T! Steve Summers on YouTube has a number of videos on cleaning & repair. The "two Keiths" (Rucker and Fenner) also have good info.

Be careful on first start up. Read up on motor rotation, etc. if you haven't already. Sad to say, I've had my 2K for years and it's still not running.

I once asked my mother how in the world they did all that stuff during ww2.. She said "It is amazing what you can do when your back is against the wall."
Probably lend lease machines in all parts of the world still doing what they were designed to do all those years ago.. I know I have three "war babies" that still work.. Ramsay 1:)
This original photo has been animated, click on it. The subject is a "Rosie Riveter", named Eunice Hancock. She was 21, when photo taken.https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmt-forum/eunice_hancock_ai.mp4

I just brought home a 2CH.
My trailer is a tilt deck type.
Two 7000 pound axles and 17 ft long.
I only use a 2 ton come-a-long to drag
the machine from ground level, to up
on the trailer. I really need to install a
winch to make this easier. Then it would
be just like using a roll back truck.
To unload the mill, I just hook the come
a long to the bottom beaver tail of the
trailer, and pull it down/off the deck.
I have landed machines either on the