What's new
What's new

Kitamura Data Server

Dukerc51

Aluminum
Looking for some info on the Data Server. I have the card installed in the back of the machine. I run out of memory on the HD pretty quickly. Are you guys running from DNC from the data server? There wasn't much in the book about it.

It’s a little tricky at first to do and it’s not in the Arumatik book…
Load program onto data server off of usb. It’s the same process to load program on HD. Then put machine in memory mode. In memory hit right soft key to and select memcard soft key. Then hit the DS soft key. Still in memory, screen should be blank, then type O number and arrow down. Program will load up on screen. Now it’s editable and searchable like a normal program in NC memory(in edit mode) although scrolling through program can be a little slow and cumbersome. To exit the DS, put machine in memory mode and hit right arrow soft key and hit DS end soft key. HTH lol.

Yes, large surfacing programs I have to run DNC. The data server is easy to upgrade - open the control and change it. We have 2GB. We upgraded the HD to 2mb which helps too, originally had 500k - Renishaw macros ate 90k.(Fanuc was reasonable-$3500 for the upgrade)
On our control DNC mode, Program, Optn, DNC-ST, program name, EXEC, Cycle Start

Thanks for the info! I get confused. I put programs on the HD but I still have to read them into the "Prog Ram"? I guess I thought I was running out of memory but I thought the HD was where the programs were run from. Is the DS mainly to store one large program on and run?

Thanks for the info! I get confused. I put programs on the HD but I still have to read them into the "Prog Ram"? I guess I thought I was running out of memory but I thought the HD was where the programs were run from. Is the DS mainly to store one large program on and run?

When I say NC memory, I’m referring to the directory that pops up when you hit the prog dir soft key(9000 programs and renishaw see are here as well). The HD is viewable under the file dir soft key. On that page there is a soft key to copy to DS or copy to HD. I use the DS exclusively For large programs that won’t fit in the NC memory. I use HD for storage only. I find it easiest to just dump the program on the DS and call it up in memory VS calling up program in a sub. The sub program method has a very particular way of calling subs on the DS. It’s uses this format : M98<XXXX>,D0. The D value is the device that your sub is stored on, xxxx the O number and yes it needs the arrows and comma. A little bit more complicated.

It’s a little tricky at first to do and it’s not in the Arumatik book…
Load program onto data server off of usb. It’s the same process to load program on HD. Then put machine in memory mode. In memory hit right soft key to and select memcard soft key. Then hit the DS soft key. Still in memory, screen should be blank, then type O number and arrow down. Program will load up on screen. Now it’s editable and searchable like a normal program in NC memory(in edit mode) although scrolling through program can be a little slow and cumbersome. To exit the DS, put machine in memory mode and hit right arrow soft key and hit DS end soft key. HTH lol.

I can get the program to run off the DS. I cannot edit it or restart on a specific tool.

Go to offset, settings, are all the storage options turned on? Then on I think the 5th page there is a setting CNC display DS or something like that. Turn that on.

Back