What's new
What's new

Kitamura mill opinions Arumatick jr control

Dukerc51

Aluminum
Looking at a Kitamura 4xv mill with the Mitsubishi control. I like the Kitamura part of it but I’m concerned about the control. Is anyone running one of these? Should I be concerned about support?

I’m familiar with the control, IMO if you know Fanuc you can use the Arimatik. It’s very similar in regards to use and look. You can toggle between the Mitsubishi and Arumatik interfaces but I would keep it on the arumatik side.

Looking at a Kitamura 4xv mill with the Mitsubishi control. I like the Kitamura part of it but I’m concerned about the control. Is anyone running one of these? Should I be concerned about support?

I have a Micro Dynamics mill which is incredibly similar to a Kitamura (enough that you should look at Micro Dynamics as well) and the control is very user friendly. I have a Haas, Fanuc Oi-MC, and an Okuma OSP-U10L as well. I guess since I have multiple controls I am more willing to deal with change but the Mits is so great when it comes to memory and how it is a complete none issue with any program size. Using a USB stick is incredibly easy as well.

I ended up ordering the Kitamura. I got the 2gb card? TSC and a tool setter with a spindle probe. I’ve never used a probe on a mill. Seems like the hot setup though.

Is the 2GB an options for $? On our machine there is a slot in the machine control cabinet for flash card which = poor mans data server.

Is the 2GB an options for $? On our machine there is a slot in the machine control cabinet for flash card which = poor mans data server.

On all these new machines there is a PC mounted inside the electric cabinet. With Mits you can load the program and run it from the hard drive on that PC. It gives you near endless memory as the PC hard drive has insane memory capacity.

I think technically the 2gb card is an option? I guess it’s similar from running a fanuc of the flash card? Is the data server also called foreground memory?

Back