What's new
What's new

Kustomizer's Shop

ok-invite ALL of us up for the fall housewarming party-we all feel like we've been thru it all w/ you!
We have had a stream of visitors all summer, long time friends and even a couple of past customers coming to help us. The support has been awesome. Last week we had a customer we have not made parts for in 6 years come by to help us remove an extra overhead door and build the wall in its place. I doubt there will be a housewarming party but you are welcome to come by and check us out. We still have about 6-8 of the big green boxes to unpack and a million things to find proper homes for but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We have the remnants of several projects to put somewhere out of the way of plowing snow which will be here before I am ready I am sure. Our focus the last several days is all about getting the garden to where we can use it next spring, we spent all summer waiting for someone to come put water in but it is done now, woohoo. When we got here there was a nice little lawn between the garden and the shop but we needed the space to stage construction materials, so it was ruined but we are mostly prepped to restart it come spring, slightly smaller so we have a place to turn trucks around but green just the same.
IMG_5368.jpgIMG_5363.jpgIMG_5366 (1).jpgIMG_5362.jpg

Wonder woman found an old copper boiler shot full of holes and brought it down with some flowers planted in it but I imagine landscaping is done for the season. We have 2 bins ready to plant garlic in a month or so, some friends up north will send us some seed garlic when it looks like it will be cool enough not to cook them while in the mail.
IMG_5373.jpgIMG_5371.jpgIMG_5370.jpgIMG_5372.jpg

Well, my "offer" to dispatch some of those four legged long horned(antlered) critters is still out there...................just sayin'. I mean, I wouldn't want them wonderin' on my property, poopin on my lawn and chewin on the missus' flowers....................I'll sweep floors for room and board...................

Well, my "offer" to dispatch some of those four legged long horned(antlered) critters is still out there...................just sayin'. I mean, I wouldn't want them wonderin' on my property, poopin on my lawn and chewin on the missus' flowers....................I'll sweep floors for room and board...................
Come on by, our last visit was kinda short, though the critters have not come back yet, we have fires all around us including the largest one in the country

We got to try out our little tumbling room for bending today, we heat the parts to 500 in the oven, then a bit more with a torch, bend them and into a sink of cold water, the first batch of 25 went pretty good but by the end of the second batch it was 105 degrees in the room, way too hot for me so there will be a vent fan for next time we make these.
IMG_7207.jpgIMG_7208.jpgIMG_7211.jpgIMG_7213.jpgIMG_7212.jpgIMG_7214.jpgIMG_7216.jpgIMG_5386.jpgIMG_5387.jpgIMG_5389.jpg

We got to try out our little tumbling room for bending today, we heat the parts to 500 in the oven, then a bit more with a torch, bend them and into a sink of cold water, the first batch of 25 went pretty good but by the end of the second batch it was 105 degrees in the room, way too hot for me so there will be a vent fan for next time we make these.
View attachment 374079View attachment 374080View attachment 374081View attachment 374082View attachment 374083View attachment 374084View attachment 374085View attachment 374086View attachment 374087View attachment 374088
What sort of snow machine does that fit? :)

Reactions: Ox
It cooled off some the last week or so and some our lawn crew seems to have returned, we have had several at a time about this speed lately
IMG_7226.jpgIMG_5406.jpg

I had the same thing yesterday, late morning. I walked out of my shop to a party in the front yard of my house. There were two bucks, two 50 lb tortoises and 4 ducks all munching on fallen apples under our Gravenstein tree. The ducks and the turtles are supposed to be there, but the deer weren't usually out that time of day, nor hanging out in harmony with all the other critters.

Back