What's new
What's new

Kustomizer's Shop

Hammer looks like it is from the 30's or 40's. Kinda doubtful you would find one nowadays... Pretty cool operation. Have you just called them to ask? Nobody will know better than those guys...

There's a book with a title like "Pounding Out The Profits" (physical book packed away in a box) that talks about the history of power hammers, and of the various types.
(I'm pretty sure my copy is softbound and was cheaper - but don't know where it is right now.)

That book, or one like it, might be helpful, in that it's a catalog of these things, with some brand names, times of origin, etc.

Functionally that looks like a planishing helve hammer to me - modern devices with eqivalent function surely exist - and most likely you lot already know about at least some of them.

Last edited:
The closest I have found is this, for modern stuff, I think it would serve me but an already made one would be more fun.

I will look around some on the book, thanks

Mittler Brothers and Baileigh both make newfangled versions, and Eastwood makes light duty ones too, I believe. The last antique "50#" automatic hammer I saw on auction here in SD was beat to death and went for $7500.

• Wow
Reactions: Ox
Mittler Brothers and Baileigh both make newfangled versions, and Eastwood makes light duty ones too, I believe. The last antique "50#" automatic hammer I saw on auction here in SD was beat to death and went for $7500.
I want a benchtop, perhaps 10#, I need to have the anvil such that I can put tube on it for things such as this:
IMG_5017.jpg81nD9CixHNL._AC_SX679_.jpg

I own, but have never gotten around to setting up let alone using, one of these:

(There are, or at least used to be, several sizes.)

Key to Kustomizer's goal is that they'll sell you a very complete set of air rivet guns (the actual hammers) and quite a lot of dies. (And some "build-your-own" related stuff.)

As I've never actually used it (rather just stored it for ages) I cannot say whether it is awesome, awful, or middling. But this might be a useful path....

Back