What's new
What's new

Landis Lead Screw machine...lead screw change?

Expressline99

Plastic
I've been looking into different Landis lead screw machines single spindle 3/4" up to 2". Understand very little about these as I've never run one. Slight confusion I have is weather or not
the lead screw has to be changed out with each different pitch you are cutting? I know there are change gears that have to be changed and obviously the threading dies.
The excellos require that you change them. But again I don't have experience with them either. I would even go as far as RTFM if I could find one.

Also, I want to clarify what I was told about the length of cut. A little bird told me I could just re-grip mid cut (or anywhere) along the cut and continue indefinitely. Going as far
as my material was long. Is that correct? As long as I had out feed support of course.

Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

DDoug

Diamond
I've been looking into different Landis lead screw machines single spindle 3/4" up to 2". Understand very little about these as I've never run one. Slight confusion I have is weather or not
the lead screw has to be changed out with each different pitch you are cutting? I know there are change gears that have to be changed and obviously the threading dies.
The excellos require that you change them. But again I don't have experience with them either. I would even go as far as RTFM if I could find one.

Also, I want to clarify what I was told about the length of cut. A little bird told me I could just re-grip mid cut (or anywhere) along the cut and continue indefinitely. Going as far
as my material was long. Is that correct? As long as I had out feed support of course.

Thanks for the help I appreciate it.
What are you trying to make on these machines ?

Expressline99

Plastic
I'm going to answer my own question here for future reference. The Landis lead screw machines do not need to have the lead screw changed with each pitch.
Just change gears and dies.