What's new
What's new

Lane Furniture terminates 2,500 employees via Email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do, just as we think of the children of ALL the laid-off workers caused by corporate raiders, outsourcing and general greed over the past several decades.

Hey, at least maybe they can get a job flipping burgers. Oh wait, I forgot that those jobs have already been taken by insourced foreign labor.
When you say "corporate raiders", are you talking about mittens robme?

Yes, lying is free speech but it seems like a bad idea to have politicians that are also pathological liars. Those are the ones that came up with the term "alternative facts". The rest of us just call them lies like we always have.
Well Big B, obviously you would never vote for some politician who attempts to hoodwink and bamboozle you with false promises and outright lies.
You are much too sharp!

Well Big B, obviously you would never vote for some politician who attempts to hoodwink and bamboozle you with false promises and outright lies.
You are much too sharp!
There is a huge difference between a person who occasionally tells a white lie and a pathological liar. If you have been fortunate enough to not have ever personally known a pathological liar you are very fortunate but once you have known one you will be able to identify them easily. The last president was a prime example of a pathological liar. You can see it when he has his rallies that he just makes stuff up on the fly with zero regard to facts and truth.

One other thing is that there is a big difference between politicians making a campaign promise that never comes to pass and outright lying to people. I hate pathological liars with a passion after dealing with a few of them as tenants.

You are much too sharp!
Most see a difference between, 'Everyone will be happy and have a free pony' and 'I won this here election even though the vote count didn't go my way'

I got laid off from GM in the mid 70's right before Christmas. It saves corporations a lot in holiday pay if they shut down over the holidays and pay holiday pay for it.
Why didn't you just get a side job for your drill presses?

Most see a difference between, 'Everyone will be happy and have a free pony' and 'I won this here election even though the vote count didn't go my way'
And you apply some kind of political litmus test to layed off factory workers and their families?
I thought that a 'pony' would be a no-go due to environmental concerns and replaced by a Tesla in your social circle.

When you say "corporate raiders", are you talking about mittens robme?
Among others. Interesting though that you singled out a Republican. Here is a list of well known corporate raiders of the 70s and 80s.

"Among the most notable corporate raiders of the 1970s and 1980s were Louis Wolfson, Carl Icahn, Victor Posner, Meshulam Riklis, Nelson Peltz, Robert M. Bass, T. Boone Pickens, Paul Bilzerian, Harold Clark Simmons, Kirk Kerkorian, Sir James Goldsmith, Saul Steinberg and Asher Edelman."

Sounds like a bit of guilt there
Who was comparing laid off workers by party affiliation or perceptions thereof?
Seems to be you
once again, make something up then arguing against it
"Seems to be you"
Can't recall classifying Lane Furniture workers by party affiliation. My bad if that was the case...but no guilt.

You are much too sharp!
Usually with national level politicians it's more a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils.

Among others. Interesting though that you singled out a Republican. Here is a list of well known corporate raiders of the 70s and 80s.

"Among the most notable corporate raiders of the 1970s and 1980s were Louis Wolfson, Carl Icahn, Victor Posner, Meshulam Riklis, Nelson Peltz, Robert M. Bass, T. Boone Pickens, Paul Bilzerian, Harold Clark Simmons, Kirk Kerkorian, Sir James Goldsmith, Saul Steinberg and Asher Edelman."

I recognize some of those names from back in the day but have no idea what their political affiliations were but if I had to guess I'd say that most of them usually just check the "R" box on the ballots.

Last I checked the end of the 70's was around 42 years ago and I didn't have any drill presses back then. How old do you think I am, 100?
Oh no not 100.

I was thinking closer to 8.

Based on your vocabulary and grammar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back