What's new
What's new

Large monarch to be scrapped in St Louis

Its showing up as a construction supply company
named
======================================
The Goedecke co.
Goedecke is the construction industry leader in providing innovative solutions to professional contractors for Concrete Forming, Structural Shoring, Scaffolding, Engineered Products, Rebar Fabrication, Access Equipment and Construction Equipment.
=====================================
It's hard to say what they used it for. It's only about 50 miles from me but that's more than I could handle. Definitely a riggers job. Rigging and move would exceed the listed sale price.
It may worth all the costs involved if someone has work for it.
Rigging costs are why machinery gets scrapped, but Riggers know their business and have to make a living. Equipment for rigging the big stuff is expensive
The company selling it may have equipment to load it. It didn't say

Ran one just like it way back in time while I was going to college. Looks like a 25N blocked up to swing around 48" according to the description. Ken

Craigs List Add​

o.p. says price dropped to $2,000​

Monarch Lathe - pre 1960 - $3,500 (SAINT LOUIS)​

Includes 3 chuck's 30" 4 jaw, 20" 4 jaw & 15" self centering 3 jaw.
Currently under power. Wired for either 220 or 440 Ph3. 25 hp motor, speed 1760
Approximate size 17' x 6.5'
25" clearance from center, 13" between ways. Bore thru spin 2 1/8"
This is a work horse. Bought used in 1994, it's done the job.
Shop is closing and this must be out by May 31, 2022
The add and photos will live on.

00y0y_ewDOqkNpSOVz_0dS0ap_1200x900.jpg01717_dxsFwwazxOCz_0CI0t2_600x450 (1).jpg00J0J_dItyeriY0rFz_07j09K_600x450.jpg00J0J_dItyeriY0rFz_07j09K_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
All these great machines seem to be located back east.
This lathe would sell like hot cakes out here at that price in California.
We have purchased and hauled home all kinds of large equipment from east of the Mississippi because it just does not exist out here and if it does it's worn out and over priced.

Craigs List Add​

o.p. says price dropped to $2,000​

Monarch Lathe - pre 1960 - $3,500 (SAINT LOUIS)​

Includes 3 chuck's 30" 4 jaw, 20" 4 jaw & 15" self centering 3 jaw.
Currently under power. Wired for either 220 or 440 Ph3. 25 hp motor, speed 1760
Approximate size 17' x 6.5'
25" clearance from center, 13" between ways. Bore thru spin 2 1/8"
This is a work horse. Bought used in 1994, it's done the job.
Shop is closing and this must be out by May 31, 2022
The add and photos will live on.

View attachment 365363View attachment 365364View attachment 365366View attachment 365366
In the first picture there loos to be a crack in the headstock casting between the second and third mounting screw (R-L), and possible leakage. All the raiser blocks look to be done second hand. Monarch would have raised them in the sand and not used blocks. This could have cause the crack in the headstock. I question what shape this lathe is in and if it would be worth savaging or just used to part out.

John

In the first picture there loos to be a crack in the headstock casting between the second and third mounting screw (R-L), and possible leakage. All the raiser blocks look to be done second hand. Monarch would have raised them in the sand and not used blocks. This could have cause the crack in the headstock. I question what shape this lathe is in and if it would be worth savaging or just used to part out.

John
One of our Monarch lathes has the same identical block under the gear box, right down the riveted tag of the left side. the tail stock riser is different though.

Back