What's new
What's new

Latching Option M-code on M560 mill?

Digging up an old post here. So, my M560 came with M181-M188 for spare M Codes and has the relays and I/O header installed. I've been talking to Morris Midwest support (along with LNS/Chipblaster) to figure out how to install this D30-70 high pressure system. It appears that the M50 low pressure through tool does not work on Okuma mills, and either M50 or M51 turn on the high pressure pump for TSC.

So, I was going to use the cabinet flush M code, but I may actually end up rigging up a flush system some day so I want to keep that open. That leaves spare M-Codes as the only way.

I've got the high pressure working, along with the error signal. So all that is left is the low pressure pump (basically it runs the suction pump through the tool and bypasses the high pressure pump). I am not sure what utility this may have, but I after using high pressure to clean the table I think having low pressure will allow me to avoid getting chips all the way in the top of the enclosure... LOL

So, here's the plan. I've got a latching relay, and because the confirmation signal reaction seem to be basically instantaneous, I'm hoping to avoid a timer relay in the circuit.

I'm going to run M181 to the set coil on the DPDT dual-coil latching relay, which will connect and latch a signal to the low-pressure pump relay in the Chipblaster, while the M-Code answer signal is also connected through a non-latching relay. Then, I will use M182 to send the reset signal to the latching relay removing the "on" signal, and which will again immediately contact the answer signal.

Open to any suggestions from anyone who has already done something like this.

I don't understand the whole fuss here, the M560 has a M368-M369 code for a mist collector with a a whole lot of settings in the parameter for timing and time off, door open/close, delay after program off, and so on,

All you need is a wire from MF-P2M2S-X6-E to the contactor and a confirmation to MF-P2M2S-X2-E, then you need to change parameter MC USER PARA(Coolant), page down to 4, setting 45, "Mist Collect" SW Is active.

EDIT, this was for the initial post on mist collector

I think the I/O on these can be a little intimidating. I know it has taken me a couple weeks and a few conversations with Morris to get comfortable with the way things are laid out.

Back