What's new
What's new

Late model (new)EMCO Super 11 for sale in MD

Yeah it's a bit ironic in that the machine itself isn't all that great (not compared to really great toolroom lathes like Hardinge, Monarch, Schaublin, Weiler, etc anyway), but that sure it a hell of a brochure. Whoever conjured up that one should have got some sort of award.

I agree about the lathe. It's a lovely machine for what it is, but what it is, is a relatively lightweight, beautifully built and accurate lathe. Not at all in the league of a 10EE or even close when it comes to metal removal.

I also have a Colchester Chipmaster and I use it for most jobs in this size envelope because it's capable of heavier cuts, has a clutch and variable speed. Not as accurate due to age & wear but good enough for most jobs. Pity the Kopp variator is a POS but you can't have everything, one day I'll toss it for a VFD setup. Means the Maximat 11 gets used for those lighter jobs and anything metric that'll fit on it.

Weight - I think around 280 kg. The Colchester is over 500 kg. I think the 10EE is over 1100 kg. Fair indication of the robustness of the respective machines?

I like my Maximat 11, it's a jewel of a machine, but it's a lightweight jewel.

PDW

Lathe is spoken for

I reached an agreement this morning to sell the machine. Once the deal has been consummated I’ll post another message. I want to thank everyone for their interest in the machine. I’ve enjoyed meeting and speaking to those who were interested. I enjoy this forum very much and its founders and moderators are thanked for providing a place for so much collaboration. Jim

Back