What's new
What's new

Lathe identification

Ottawa Liam

Plastic
Hey people, new member. I’m a mechanic with no machining experience but looking to get into it. Looking at a lathe for sale. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me what kind of lathe it is, not necessarily the make model but more what it’s good for. And maybe what it’s worth.I am also now realizing I don’t know how to post pictures here. Anybody able to fill me in?

Hey people, new member. I’m a mechanic with no machining experience but looking to get into it. Looking at a lathe for sale. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me what kind of lathe it is, not necessarily the make model but more what it’s good for. And maybe what it’s worth.I am also now realizing I don’t know how to post pictures here. Anybody able to fill me in?
Sounds like a Monarch 10EE... or maybe an Emco Maximat 11... or a Bridgeport milling machine... could also be mini refrigerator. Sort of hard to tell. A detail or two more may help.

Sent from the driver's seat of a 1952 Ford using Tapatalk

Must be a snowstorm up in Ottowa.....

I have a Monarch 10EE, a Bridgeport, and a mini fridge, and it looks nothing like any of those. Could be an Emco though, I've seen a few pics and there are similarities.
Sorry, sarcasm is my primary language, as you'll find it is with many of us here, right 52 Ford?

I think what the gentleman is asking is, how do you post pics?

I have a Monarch 10EE, a Bridgeport, and a mini fridge, and it looks nothing like any of those. Could be an Emco though, I've seen a few pics and there are similarities.
Sorry, sarcasm is my primary language, as you'll find it is with many of us here, right 52 Ford?

I think what the gentleman is asking is, how do you post pics?

Sarcasm? ME??? Nooooooo. Never! :liar: :D

Here is one of several threads on posting photos - a place to start

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...res-south-bend-forum-372508/?highlight=photos

have fun

Let’s just hope it cuts metal not wood...
Depends on how old the cars are he's working on. :D Never know when someone's going to show up with a busted spoke on one of the wheels on their Model A.

Sent from the driver's seat of a 1952 Ford using Tapatalk

Back