What's new
What's new

Lathes for sale near Punxsutawney, PA

GShydraulics

Plastic
Hello everyone.

We are looking at getting a brand new lathe. We are looking for local businesses that are close to Punxsutawney, PA that sale good lathes and parts too of course.

We would even probably buy a used one, but we are not really looking to buy anything older than 2015. There are not to to many 2015 - present lathes out there that are used and are for sale.

This is what sizes we are looking for...

20" - 30" swing

120" - 200" - Distance between centers

4" - 6" spindle thru hole ( bigger the better )

Inch and metric threading

And I don't want a lathe that you have to change gears out to change from inch to metric or something else.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok someone asked what kind of work I do. We own a hydraulic company that repair and make cylinders. So we make every part of the cylinders from the piston, glands, to the barrels, and rods. We are always doing threading so that is a big must. Metric and inch

Here's a different question. What brand/manufacture 2015 and newer lathes are good. Then I will do a little research myself if I new what is good and bad out there it would definitely help. We haven't needed a lathe in 20 years and so I am not sure what's really good out that anymore.

We would like to buy a new lathe but if we found a good used one, we would get that.

And by the way Phil finally made it quite snowing here.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

We are looking at getting a brand new lathe. We are looking for local businesses that ate close to Punxsutawney, PA that sale good lathes and parts too of course.

We would even probably buy a used one, but we are not really looking to buy anything older than 2015. There are not to to many 2015 - present lathes out there that are used and are for sale.

20" - 30" swing

And I don't want a lathe that you have to change gears out to change from inch to metric or something else.
Budget?

Sent using Morse code on - .- .--. .- - .- .-.. -.-

Hello everyone.

We are looking at getting a brand new lathe. We are looking for local businesses that ate close to Punxsutawney, PA that sale good lathes and parts too of course.

20" - 30" swing

How about a CNC teach lathe ?
CNC Teach Lathes - KAAST Machine Tools
Romi C Series CNC Lathe | CNC Teach Lathe
CJ 20, 22, & 26 - Teach Lathe | Kingston Machine Tool - Built to last

When other people want a lathe (or any other large object), they find a perfect example within 3 miles of their place, being sold for pennies on the dollar.

When I want a lathe (or any other large or small object), I look worldwide and never find one and when I do it's way overpriced and 4 million miles away.

We have thought about getting one but I have to get a manual lathe first because we are running into a lot of problems with the big lathe we have now. It only has a 80in bed on it and we have come to fine out we need 120in bed or longer.

We have even gave the trak lathes some thought and I have looked into the romi lathes, one of these lathes might have to way till next year. We are moving around our whole shop right now, so I don't want no extra stuff to move around.

the Lehmann's were basically taiwan for a while.
For new, you are pretty much eastern europe, taiwan, or china.
Taiwan, Kent is usually pretty good- Precision Manual Big Bore Lathes - Kent Industrial USA

there are a bunch of older, made in USA lehmanns, and similar older big US lathes here- most likely not metric in most cases- Oil Field & Hollow Spindle Lathes for sale listings - MachineTools.com

I think these Poreba's are still made in Poland, they make a lot of bigger ones. Poreba Machine Tool Co.

Back