What's new
What's new

LEARN to SCRAPE and REBUILNG CLASSES in Oklahoma and Minnesota - Fall 2020

Richard King

Diamond
I just figured out my schedule today for a friend down in Oklahoma.

We picked November 7th - 11th, 2022 The class will be at J&S Machine and Valve in Nowata Oklahoma. Nowata is a small town about 15 miles East of Bartlesville. J&S has a huge machine shop and we will do some leveling and aligning his machines. Nick the owner said he may have me spend some time afterward to do some rebuilding the following week. I have taught there before and the class goes fast so we can start a personal project in 2 to 3 days after day one. In one class we rebuilt one of his lathes cross-slides, installing Turcite, leveling and aligning his bigger lathes and cylindrical grinder.

I will have a class in December 5th -9th in my small workshop pole barn up here in Cottage Grove Minnesota. This class will only have room for 4 students. My shop doesn't have a lot of equipment, just surface plates and you bring a project. I have done 5 classes this year here so far with no issues. You would bring a personal project similar to a 6x6 angle block, lathe compound, straight edge, surface plate, etc. You can go to YouTube and search Richard King Scraping and see several students who made show during the classes I taught all over the world.

My summer is booked with Vacation and other classes that I can't make room for. If your interested Private Message me. Rich

No.... Not enough interest is classes up there anymore. As Don Shadduck the host up there told me...
"To much Blabber and no action". Warren the coordinator has other ventures now to warrant dealing with a class.

If you want to take a class, come to Oklahoma in November. I don't have any others scheduled now. MN in 2023 is likely.

Back