What's new
What's new

Lethal Weapons Manufacturing symbolizes Freedom & Excellence. A Maker industry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

standardparts

Diamond
Choices are great, but if enough people make the wrong choice, right choice offering shrinks and goes extinct.

There was that company called American Apparel. They used to make clothing right in Los Angeles. Not necessarily most stylish or best quality, but it was good enough and appealing to me for being actually made in the US. They folded a few years ago and sold their brand to a Canadian company which still has a front for them with the stuff being made in Asia...

Read the history of "American Apparel". Lots of drama. Not necessarily a bad thing but banks and money men don't like unpredictable. Ahead of his time---wonder if he ever saw the movie "Save The Tiger"...sort of the same plot line but without arson and demonstrates business was already getting complicate back in 1973. Lots of moral dilemmas.

"Don't Sell Me America" Speech by Jack Lemmon from "Save the Tiger" 1973 - YouTube

barbter

Diamond
Most of those billions aren't going to Ukraine. They're going to various US defense contractors. I guess we should feel good about supporting US jobs while getting Ukrainians and Russians killed :D

I read that over 50% of US GDP, is by companies where Black Rock have controlling shares....

Trueturning

Diamond
Ukraine will see a high demand for crab fishing equipment once the war is over. Putin is feeding the crabs in the back sea with hundreds of conscripts so the crabs will get fat and happy. Probably help caviar production as well.
Bill D

Does the black sea have commercial shrimping?

Good question. I found this;” Seals and shrimp already extinct in the Black Sea
Over the course of the past 30 years, several species have disappeared from the Black Sea: seals, shrimp and certain oysters, along with several dozen other species of flora and fauna.Nov 10, 2009”

Link; Future going dark on the Black Sea - VoxEurop

That is too bad though they can probably turn it around if they want to.

Trueturning

Diamond
I remember when tennis shoes for the USA were pretty much all made in the USA. When the USA started importing them it was supposed to make them cheaper for consumers. Have you found any tennis shoes that are cheap lately? I haven't. But I'm pretty sure that a lot of people got wealthy by buying cheap overseas and selling at whatever price the market would bear. That drove most of the remaining shoe manufacturing out of the USA and the same can be said for literally thousands of products that used to carry the "made in USA" label.

Converse back in the day! :)

Big B

Diamond
Converse back in the day! :)

I have a pair of white low top Converse Allstars that were made in USA and are new in the box. I bought them probably 20 or 25 years ago and they were a little tight so I put them back in the box and kept them. Who knows, they may be the last pair of tennis shoes made in the USA. LOL

Good old Chuck Taylors.

camscan

Titanium
Just trying to point out some facts. The earth in not flat. The election was not stolen. Mexico isn't paying for any walls.

That kind of thing.

This is a machinist site and I've come to expect some critical thinking out of our members here. Anyone that posts that 2+2=93 can expect me to correct them. Same goes for things like repeating trumps pathological lying.

2+2 isnt 93?

jaguar36

Cast Iron
This thread has degraded far enough. Folks please keep the discussions civil, even if you disagree with other members. Infractions have been given to the worst offenders and messages have been deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.