What's new
What's new

List of forklift boneyards that might have electronic parts ?

Milacron

Super Moderator
I need an ECU for 2012 Hyundai 70D (15,500 capacity pneumatic diesel) Module is unobtanium from Hyundai and Flight Systems tells me they can't repair it....so thinking used if possible. Doubt there are many scrap forklifts that new lying around however.

Bondo

Hot Rolled
I've had luck calling "your equipment here" service companys from far away looking for parts. They are more likely to help you because they aren't making money off you for install work.

Most of my customers hate their forklift repair companies and I cant help any further on that part.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

thermite

Diamond
I need an ECU for 2012 Hyundai 70D (15,500 capacity pneumatic diesel) Module is unobtanium from Hyundai and Flight Systems tells me they can't repair it....so thinking used if possible. Doubt there are many scrap forklifts that new lying around however.

Page One:

Hyundai is said to have developed that engine on their own, didn't buy it in.

- IF it is the one that shares a lot with light buses and goods vehicles, ag equipment, as well as MHE?

-THEN the modules could be in wider demand .. to be reprogramed to the curves for far more numerous "HMC DD(n)(x)" Diesels?

Page Two:

Why a demand? It isn't that old as MHE goes.

Hyundai were known to have been fined One Hundred Million US dollars for cheating on reporting of Diesel emissions.

SWAG:

I have not LOOKED.. but I would NOT be surprised the ECM is "unobtanium" because they were MADE TO BE so... as part of the settlement as to getting offending motors out of service.

It is the sort of thing that:

A) makes any salvageable goods go hard-scarce, fast, and early-on..

B) DISCOURAGES.. third-party solutions taking risk on a stage already under a microscope.

"I could be wrong..... " etc. but a LARGER toxic environment makes more sense than Hyundai simply turning their back on FL truck customers.

Not a small firm, (gross profit 17 billion U.S.D, 2020)....but still?
100 million yew-ass, unplanned-for would be a first-order "ultra vires" corporate /divisional ball-buster for that part of the pie. Korean biznessmen do NOT "play hard ball". They wage war.

BT,DT,GTTS, dif'rent Company, 78 million, Q1, 1994.

Fortunately, it WAS "planned for" .. that go.

Unfortunately, they made worse errors, later.

SIP6A

Titanium
Hyundai were known to have been fined One Hundred Million US dollars for cheating on reporting of Diesel emissions.

I have not LOOKED.. but I would NOT be surprised the ECM is "unobtanium" because they were MADE TO BE so... as part of the settlement as to getting offending motors out of service.

Good point.

thermite

Diamond
Good point.

Well "S" as-in "Scientific" but "WAG" still means "Wild Ass Guess".

:)

Just that Hyundai sell the Hell out of their Ag, Construction, MHE, and light goods vehicles in Asia, Africa, Middle-East, that I know of, India and LATAM "maybe also" that I do not know of....

Even if the programming is different, that's a lot of competition for usable "cores" and from places with fair-capable rebuild shops and little or no regulatory challenge.

cnctoolcat

Titanium

So you haven't taken it apart yet, to see if you might can get lucky?

Even if you have to slice open sealed plastic sections, it's broke now, so you can't hurt it anymore, eh?

ToolCat

thermite

Diamond

Even if you have to slice open sealed plastic sections, it's broke now, so you can't hurt it anymore, eh?

ToolCat

That man has a point.

We have a trick to not-even open one of the many and several Jaguar modules.

Drill two holes precisely located, reflow two solder joints, pop in two rubber plugs and done.

Any Hyundai owner-community websites about?

Milacron

Super Moderator

ToolCat
Yes took it apart...and so did Flight Systems... neither of us could fix it due to burned traces and supposedly obsolete diodes (although I suspect the latter excuse is bogus) As of last week, got a brand new ECU on the way from a distributor in Korea... via Amazon ! (and yes burned traces can be rerouted but damage extensive in this case...and yes the new ECU could burn up as well..except it won't, as I found the short in the forklift wiring harness)

Milacron

Super Moderator
As a followup to this thread.... I had Flight Systems repair the TCU ($280 plus $100 evaluation fee)... installed it, still no transmission action. DId more digging and found a forklift boneyard in Texas that did have the exact same forklift and TCU ($800), installed it and transmission now works perfectly. Told Flight Systems about it and rather than attempt another repair they agreed to credit my CC for $280.

If any of this is confusing... I've had a few threads on PM going on this Hyundai forklift and what happened is I shorted out boards on both the ECU and the TCU computers. The ECU I bought new ($1,300) from Amazon amazingly enough. Otherwise both parts were unobtanium from Hyundai themselves. And even when obtanium, the Hyundai ECU price was $4000 ! What a rip.

Have since found an offmarket source of new TCU as well but price is $2,700.