What's new
What's new

LNS bar feeder error

ONyX457

Plastic
We have a LNS Quick load S3 bar feeder and when we fired it up today and go to put it into auto mode it says "The lathe door must be closed prior to starting the automatic cycle"
The door is closed, the Lathe sees the door as being closed. Im not sure what lead on the harness is for the door closed signal. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This message is on the LNS pendant?

If so, my guess is that it means the see-through door on the front of the feeder.
There is a [hugger orange] mag switch in the LLH corner of that door that needs to be made.

Does it actually say "lathe" door?
I tried to force one of mine to doo that, and I couldn't.
Maybe yours is newer? (more BS'ed?)

Maybe that door isn't closed good enough?
Or maybe the switch is bad?
Or?

------------------------

I am Ox and I approve this here post!

This message is on the LNS pendant?

If so, my guess is that it means the see-through door on the front of the feeder.
There is a [hugger orange] mag switch in the LLH corner of that door that needs to be made.

Does it actually say "lathe" door?
I tried to force one of mine to doo that, and I couldn't.
Maybe yours is newer? (more BS'ed?)

Maybe that door isn't closed good enough?
Or maybe the switch is bad?
Or?

------------------------

Thanks for the reply, i tried the big clear door on the feeder and it that's not the issue. When i open and close that door it registers properly on the control unit in the electrical cabinet. It does say lathe door in the error message. I will attach a picture of the error, sorry the display is also messed up and has lines running through it. If anyone has an extra screen that would be great. This screen was discontinued from LNS and the retrofit is worth more than the entire bar feeder.

Attachments

• PXL_20240314_173039027.jpg
    PXL_20240314_173039027.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
Well, that doesn't say "door".

I would ass_u_me that to mean the collet/chuck needs to be closed, which IS a normal thing for it to monitor.

----------------------

Well, that doesn't say "door".

I would ass_u_me that to mean the collet/chuck needs to be closed, which IS a normal thing for it to monitor.

----------------------

Sorry your correct it doesn't say door, that was another machine I was also working on the other day. I did find the issue. After talking to the operator he mentioned that he was going through the parameters and other menus trying to figure out how to retract the pusher (he's new). He had changed the clamp reversed to Yes from No. So with the chuck open it would work and closed it errored out. I switched it back and all is good.

Reactions: Ox

Back