What's new
What's new

Lodge & Davis planer on Facebook Marketplace

Robert Lang

Stainless
There is a Lodge & Davis planer and other machines, on Facebook Marketplace.
I don't know the size of the planer.
Seller has two ads for the machines. Located in Gurdon Arkansas.

Rob

Attachments

• Lodge & Davis 1c.jpg
    Lodge & Davis 1c.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Lodge & Davis 1a.jpg
    Lodge & Davis 1a.jpg
    587.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Lodge & Davis 1d.jpg
    Lodge & Davis 1d.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Lodge & Davis 1e.jpg
    Lodge & Davis 1e.jpg
    712.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Lodge & Davis 1f.jpg
    Lodge & Davis 1f.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Lodge & Davis 1b.jpg
    Lodge & Davis 1b.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Lodge & Davis 1892 1b.jpg
    Lodge & Davis 1892 1b.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
this stuff has been for sale at very high prices i have tried to deal they guy out of some stuff but he is not easy to deal with and all the stuuf has gone through a fire the shop burned and i bealeave the stuff has just been exposed for years now.

I suppose it won't be a big tragedy when all this stuff is scraped. The pattern is familiar, obstinate person thinks their crap is gold so it all ends up basically being thrown away after the person dies.

Similar to the Lodge and Davis I’ve had tucked away for a long time. (Somebody should come get mine instead. It hasn’t been in a fire….)

On edit:The pictures are horrible. Took them when I hauled it home 15+ years ago. It’s stuffed in a storage trailer so a photo shoot is problematic.

Loading on a flatbed would be easy with a few days warning. 😎

Attachments

• IMG_0528.jpeg
    IMG_0528.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0527.jpeg
    IMG_0527.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0526.jpeg
    IMG_0526.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0525.jpeg
    IMG_0525.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Similar to the Lodge and Davis I’ve had tucked away for a long time. (Somebody should come get mine instead. It hasn’t been in a fire….)

On edit:The pictures are horrible. Took them when I hauled it home 15+ years ago. It’s stuffed in a storage trailer so a photo shoot is problematic.

Loading on a flatbed would be easy with a few days warning. 😎

How much are you asking for it?

Thanks

it is very much worth the 1000.00 ( just getting around to my messages ) i would give that just to far for me to drive.

Reactions: svs
It's interesting how they have the bolt racks on the side of the bed, but also cool that the racks have survived over the years. Often features like that get removed and tossed when one machinist decides it dosn't fit with his way of doing things, then it's gone forever.

It's interesting how they have the bolt racks on the side of the bed, but also cool that the racks have survived over the years. Often features like that get removed and tossed when one machinist decides it dosn't fit with his way of doing things, then it's gone forever.
I agree: it is surprising that they survived. The first thing I thought when I saw it, was wondering how many trousers have they ripped during their existence. ;-)

Paolo

I see in the old advertisement that Lodge and Davis made lathes too. Was this company an early connection to Lodge and Shipley?
Yes, Lodge & Davis was an earlier company.

This history is from the Vintage Machinery website.
Lodge, Baker & Co. was founded in 1880 by William Lodge and William Barker to make engine lathes. When Barker left, Charles Davis replaced him and the firm became the Lodge & Davis Machine Tool Co. in 1886. In 1892 Lodge left the company and later teamed up with Murray Shipley to form Lodge & Shipley. In 1896 it (Lodge & Davis) was reorganized into Davis & Egan when Thomas P. Egan joined Charles Davis.

I have a vague memory of having read somewhere that Mr. Lodge cared only about lathes and was not easy to deal with (which led to fighting with his business partners). Finally he teamed up with Shipley and they produced, as far as I know, only lathes.
I wish I remember the source of this info...

Paolo

Yes, Lodge & Davis was an earlier company.

This history is from the Vintage Machinery website.
Lodge, Baker & Co. was founded in 1880 by William Lodge and William Barker to make engine lathes. When Barker left, Charles Davis replaced him and the firm became the Lodge & Davis Machine Tool Co. in 1886. In 1892 Lodge left the company and later teamed up with Murray Shipley to form Lodge & Shipley. In 1896 it (Lodge & Davis) was reorganized into Davis & Egan when Thomas P. Egan joined Charles Davis.

And after that, The American Tool Works.

Rob

Attachments

• ATW 1898.jpg
    ATW 1898.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 9

Back