What's new
What's new

Looking for 21071 Eutectic bronze powder or a replacement

jackal

Titanium
I've been buying Eutectic powder online for a long time..
The local small company that sells it is super high priced, and they don't want to stock any of it.
The online place raised their price and was ta to sell a carton of 4 bottles at a time.
Also, now they are trying to make it hazmat.

A couple of years ago there was a guy going around to the local shops that had a new company that sold powders that interchanged with the Eutectic, Metco, and Proxon products.
It seems like he was in Texas.
Does anyone here have a source for decent prices on the 21071, or a substitute?
Does anyone know of the seller or others that have a compatible powder?

Thanks

usta be that folks that make diamond tools,single point and rotating plunge wheels were using this material,
twas 1968 that I was witness to this, prolly all obsolete with CNC? dunno
good luck.
Gw

usta be that folks that make diamond tools,single point and rotating plunge wheels were using this material,
twas 1968 that I was witness to this, prolly all obsolete with CNC? dunno
good luck.
Gw
I managed to get in touch with a company yesterday that makes all types of thermal sprays and coatings.
They just called and said they have a powder that is similar to the Eutectic, and it's about 20% cheaper.
They are supposed to send me a sample to try.

Local weld shops are asking around $450 for a 3.3lb bottle.
That's pretty cheap. I think the last time I had a 3.3lb bottle quoted it came in around $600 from both welding supply stores. That is my lamentation about the Eutectic products is it is hard to find suppliers for it. Nobody seems to deal with it regularly enough to be a decent supplier. Even Airgas seemed confused when I asked for some Eutectic supplies, I got a "never heard of that company" response at first... I wish Eutectic-Castolin would let users buy direct, I feel that would help them a lot.

That's pretty cheap. I think the last time I had a 3.3lb bottle quoted it came in around $600 from both welding supply stores. That is my lamentation about the Eutectic products is it is hard to find suppliers for it. Nobody seems to deal with it regularly enough to be a decent supplier. Even Airgas seemed confused when I asked for some Eutectic supplies, I got a "never heard of that company" response at first... I wish Eutectic-Castolin would let users buy direct, I feel that would help them a lot.
Yes it would. There was a place selling the bronze powder for $325 a bottle, but you had to buy a case of it.
If there were more local people using it, we go in together on a case. ( Don't know how many bottles in a case).

Yes it would. There was a place selling the bronze powder for $325 a bottle, but you had to buy a case of it.
If there were more local people using it, we go in together on a case. ( Don't know how many bottles in a case).
I really should look into what it would take to be a distributor for them. I think it could be a decent addition to the business to be a distributor as well an an end user.

I really should look into what it would take to be a distributor for them. I think it could be a decent addition to the business to be a distributor as well an an end user.

I think it would work if you had enough buyers
In our area there used to be 8-10 shops that did metal spray . ( Mostly electric motor repair).
Now ,I think there are 3 including myself.

Back