What's new
What's new

looking for .375 Hex, Nylon Rod, 50'-55'

DanASM

Hot Rolled
I ordered some from Professional Plastics and it didnt show up for 2 weeks, so I checked on it and they said it wasnt made yet and had a delivery date scheduled for 6/20/2022. That was over a month ago.

I then said fuck it and ordered 55' from Mcmaster. It took a week+ to get here and was so far out of tolerance it is not even funny. The ends are all melted and twisted like they were pulled through a die too hard.

I havent ordered plastics in a while, but never had these issues before. I guess I am dealing with supply chain issues too, but this product I got from Mcmaster makes me not want to order from them ever again.

U.S. Plastics only has 10' in stock, rest is backordered.

I am thinking a lot of this is coming from China too. A bunch of plastics companies in CA that have to wait for stock to get here, tells me they dont make it themselves.

I dont know why companies take my money when they dont have the product I am purchasing. Thats the fastest way to lose my business.

So, anyway. Does anyone have a source for 3/8 hex Nylon? 50'-60' Worth?

Plastics international I would try. Mcmaster will take it back and pay for shipping. Just give them a call.

The job is too small for the broaching of round bar.

Plastics Int'l only has rounds

Back