What's new
What's new

Looking for a Hawe hydraulic valve

Then there is the aux. power outlet used for the high speed head which is deleted on the later Flip Head machines.
Other differences like additional cooling fans on the Bosch drive.....

Cheers Ross
FYI my 1986 Flip-Head FP2NC has two auxiliary power outlets, one switched and one not. Could that be peculiar to the 2NC size machines?

Progress update. Diamond Man Dave suggested swapping the valve for the rotary table with the valve for the vertical tool changer. So with that as my plan, I removed the valve that has been giving problems (the middle valve) and cleaned it. It turns out that both tool changer valves are identical, same part number, but the valve for the rotary table has a different part number. However, taking the valve off and cleaning it along with the black end cap with the electrical contacts, was all that was needed to get it working again. It probably needs to have the green o-ring visible in the photo replaced too; the end cap and electrical sockets and pins were oily. Here are some photos. And a big thanks to Dave for taking the time to help.

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0564.jpg
    IMG_0564.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 0
One question: is there a procedure to bleed the hydraulics? After cleaning and reinstalling the valve, I loosened the connection at the vertical head while the pump was running. Fluid under pressure came out, but no bubbles appeared.

Might have to bleed quite a lot of oil from the line to get the air out at the tool change cylinder.....Fair bit of plumbing between the valve and the cylinder fitting.
Think cracking a fitting just down stream from the valve would do the trick. Perhaps at the pressure test fittings....

If the tool changes without too much running of the pump (when first enabled) think you are good enough....My machine does a tool change to fully charged and the
pump stopping in about 2-3 seconds. Vertical slightly longer than the horizontal.
Cheers Ross

Back