What's new
What's new

Looking for a tool and/or process to modify a plastic elbow fitting.

Erich

Cast Iron
If you're actually talking about opening up the inside of the entire elbow you may be using the wrong
material for the job. Why is that extra 1/16" important for the performance of the part?

I am using this tubing and elbow as the storage system for the stinky slinky on my RV. The factory system uses 4 inch drain PVC tubing. The ID is right at 4 inches. The sewer hose fits down the tubing but there can be no fitting on the end to attach one of the elbow multi thread things. The fitting has an OD of 4.12 inches. I found very thin wall 4 IPS PVC tubing. The OD of this is 4.5 inches and the ID is a hair under 4.25 inches. This tubing fits into standard Schedule 40 fittings but the ID of the fitting is too small for the sewer hose plus fitting to fit through. No one makes a thin wall elbow (that I have found) that has a 4.25 ID all the way through. So this whole project is to figure out a way to open up the inside of a standard fitting enough so that the sewer hose with fitting will slide through it.

A flap wheel on a drill stands a good chance of getting the job done. I am heading out to Marshall's hardware to pick some up. Thanks for the suggestion.

petersen

Aluminum
Why not make it easy on yourself

Underground PVC drain/waste/vent elbow .
McMaster #9102k114 @ $4.41 ea. is about 4.06 I D

Buy one or two, split down centerline,spread open to snap around
your chosen tubing and glue up.

petersen

SteveF

Titanium

PVC melting 185 F. Forming 155F. Says water is plenty hot enough. Never worked enough for me. Probably have to leave it to boil for 30 minutes or more.

Yes boiling water works and it doesnt take 30 minutes. Ive made a number of parts from heated and formed PVC. About 180 does it and that's measured with a temp gun.

Steve

true temper

Stainless
So you are going to store your slinky in a pipe that’s just barely big enough then put an elbow that’s going to be tight on it and pull a shitty hose through it each time you dump.
I guess I am not understanding what you are trying to make, being a fellow RVr there has got to be a better way to do this shitty job.
I have read some use 5” square PVC fence post to put their slinky in.

Erich

Cast Iron
True temper I agree whole heartedly. My RV is a small model built on a dually MB sprinter van chassis.
There is almost no spare space in this RV. The factory slinky storage is made with 4 inch DWV PVC tubing.
It has a 90 degree elbow in the middle. The entrance door is in the space between two storage compartments on the slide out. The tube goes to the rear of the storage compartment and makes a right turn to run along inboard wall of the compartment. It ends 1/2 inch short of a structural frame member that support the floor.
When the slide is in the tube is only 1 inch away from the van frame rail. The hose they gave me has no fitting on the discharge end. It fits and works fine but I would like to add a fitting on the end so I can attach an elbow adapter on the end. That won't fit down the existing pipe.
This whole exercise is trying to find/make a tube and elbow that is larger in ID but still fit in the cramped spaces of the Sprinter RV.