What's new
What's new

Looking for an mechanical assembler

dedockdollar

Plastic
Hello Everyone!

Long time reader here and I was hoping to get some advice. I have a mechanical furniture product that I make, with some parts that I build myself and some parts that are made in China. I am looking for a company or individual to assemble these parts into the final product and package them. My factory in China cannot do it and I cannot do it this time either, so I am looking for someone in the US, preferably the west coast, to do the assembly.

My question is, how do I find a company/individual that can do this kind of work? It is a large product and there are about 230 pieces so it would require a warehouse and a very basic assembly line. It's approximately 80 man hours of labor.

Sorry if this is the wrong area to post!

Cheers!
Greg

I wonder if this sort of work could be done at a Goodwill Industries sheltered workplace. They have locations all over, and there are other organizations that do similar work.

Larry

I wonder if this sort of work could be done at a Goodwill Industries sheltered workplace. They have locations all over, and there are other organizations that do similar work.

Larry
That is really interesting! I have never heard of that before, I will look into it some more. I see they have an onboarding form, not sure if I qualify, but I will definitely check this out. Thanks for the reply!

The issue with 230 pieces would be quality control. I think you want to rent cheap space and hire staff nearby so you can keep an eye on things until you are sure it is going well. It would be very expensive to have customers get items with missing parts and want to return them. Maybe Goodwill or others can supply mentally challenged workers but you need a sharp person to oversee and ensure quality.

The suggestion regarding Goodwill is a good one.
Do a search for furniture assembly services in your area.
Here's one example:

Other than that you can use day labor services which give you the human resources but still leaves needing a facility.

Hello Everyone!

Long time reader here and I was hoping to get some advice. I have a mechanical furniture product that I make, with some parts that I build myself and some parts that are made in China. I am looking for a company or individual to assemble these parts into the final product and package them. My factory in China cannot do it and I cannot do it this time either, so I am looking for someone in the US, preferably the west coast, to do the assembly.

My question is, how do I find a company/individual that can do this kind of work? It is a large product and there are about 230 pieces so it would require a warehouse and a very basic assembly line. It's approximately 80 man hours of labor.

Sorry if this is the wrong area to post!

Cheers!
Greg

Back