What's new
What's new

Looking for opinions on coolant

LockTech

Plastic
We cnc a lot of brass and copper. Everything we try has turned the coolant blue and gets gummy. Our current coolant is Synergy 735, which does pretty good, however it still has the same issue, just not as bad as previous coolants we have tried. The only stipulation is I want to keep it water-based.

Since we are relocating to a bigger building this would be the perfect opportunity to switch the machines over to a new coolant.

Any ideas on a better product for brass/copper?

Thanks

Keith

Ox

Diamond
Check with Master Chemical in Perrysburg (Toledo) Ohio.
(The maker of the previous mention "Trim")

They have oodles of products available.
I'm sure they have one for your app.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Scruffy887

Titanium
Blaser Swisslube. Running brass for 16 years on that machine. Turns slightly greenish and never sticky. Refuses to stink. That lathe sometimes runs a full week of 10 hour days, and will sit for a month or more. I have never changed it out either.

beege

Stainless
Check with your coolant manufacturer. We had the same issue with a Cimcool product. Ended up with their 18P. Works for us, but we could have gotten the same results by checking with TrimSol, Blasers, Hangsterfer, Master Chemical...

DouglasJRizzo

Titanium
We cnc a lot of brass and copper. Everything we try has turned the coolant blue and gets gummy. Our current coolant is Synergy 735, which does pretty good, however it still has the same issue, just not as bad as previous coolants we have tried. The only stipulation is I want to keep it water-based.

Since we are relocating to a bigger building this would be the perfect opportunity to switch the machines over to a new coolant.

Any ideas on a better product for brass/copper?

Thanks

Keith

Dad used Trim-sol for years and its big brother, E-206 with no issues.
I use Quali-Chem Xtreme Cut 231 and have had excellent results in copper and and brass.

007Rob

Aluminum
We have a similar issue on our machine that runs copper, currently using Vasco from Blaser but they are telling us BC935 will solve the problem. We are planning on switching over to try it out soon