What's new
What's new

Looking for Opinions on The Best Low Cost Drill Press Vise

eKretz

Diamond; Mod Squad
Whether you need a good drill press vise or just a reaction bolt in a t-slot kind of depends on the work you're doing. There's a bit of range there. If the work is just punching holes that are center punched in a single part a vise isn't really necessary. If you've got a bunch of parts, a clamped down vise can be very handy.

Some of the Heinrich style models can be turned on their side as well. My 6-SV has that ability, it can be turned and rest on the side away from the clamping handle.

20220429_030047.jpg

And yeah, I have a wide range of vises, ranging from drill press vises to milling machine vises, to bench vises, to grinding vises, etc. Several of each, and they all certainly have their uses.

metalmagpie

Titanium
This thread should completely dispel the last tattered remnants of the fiction that this forum is for professional machinists. Best cheap Chinese drill press vise indeed!

metalmagpie

eKretz

Diamond; Mod Squad
This thread should completely dispel the last tattered remnants of the fiction that this forum is for professional machinists. Best cheap Chinese drill press vise indeed!

metalmagpie

Nobody ever said that a beginner can't ask questions - at least that I've seen. And a Heinrich sure as hell ain't a cheap Chinese vise. Low cost to me doesn't automatically mean Chinese. To me, it means secondhand... For instance, I got my 6-SV for FREE.

52 Ford

Stainless
Nobody ever said that a beginner can't ask questions - at least that I've seen. And a Heinrich sure as hell ain't a cheap Chinese vise. Low cost to me doesn't automatically mean Chinese. To me, it means secondhand... For instance, I got my 6-SV for FREE.
Agreed.

Sent using Morse code on - .- .--. .- - .- .-.. -.-