What's new
What's new

looking for someone that can do some lathe work for an experiment that I plan to build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see..................

"I have 30 years experience as a mechanical engineer and a good amount of experience designing things with tubing and fittings that require welding."

And I am guessing you don't actually have a job? If you have so much experience, why can't your place of work help you out?

Back when I was young and poor and had no machine shop at home, offering a twelve pack of beer to a machinist at work would get me some work done on his lunch break. Giving his supervisor a twelve pack would also help.

If you were lucky enough to work at a company with maintenance machinists, you could get pretty much anything done. They worked swing shift, maintaining and repairing all the equipment on the production line floor. On days when nothing broke, they did not have much to do and were bored to death.

I assume this is for a perpetual motion machine that will generate more electricity then you put into it. Or with a stainless tube it may be the 150MPG carburator.
Bill D

I admire your optimism (and hide).

Good luck with your project and I suggest that you buy your own tooling. If you've got to your current age/experience with no tools, no knowledge on how to use them and no money to pay skilled labour, well, that speaks for itself.

PDW
Mom and dad park their cars in the garage and have a finished basement. Probably won’t let him/her set up a shop in his/her bedroom. Too much noise.

I edited my post and added more details, specifically I added this:

There are multiple groups that see small amounts of transmutation in metals from electric discharges. My plan is to reproduce some of these experiments. For example, in the Safire Project, they use high voltages at medium/low current and found new elements (namely calcium, barium and titanium) on their iron, nickel and tungsten anode after the electrical discharges. Those elements did not previously exist anywhere in their experimental set up and the presumption is that the calcium, barium and titanium were produced by transmutation from other metals inside the experiment:

Another group from India ran electrolysis experiments in water that showed elements on their electrode having isotopic ratios that did not match the naturally occurring isotopic ratios, see here:

Both groups carefully attempt to rule out conventional explanations such as contamination from inside or outside their experiment.

My plan is to attempt to reproduce one of these experiments except using simpler components to make it cheaper. I have done other experiments in the past that looked for excess heat (i.e higher thermal output than electrical input) which did not succeed. For this next experiment I need to reduce my costs so that I can fully finish it and attempt iterations if it does not initially work.

QT: (Then I'll hand out warnings if it doesn't stop.)
If what doesn't stop..a science guy looking for free shop time..I think that is a fair request..
But certainly, the Op should have put "free" shop time in his title.

I could conduct a search for free shop time if the op would send me XXX dollars.
The fee would depend on how many free hours he is looking for.
Last week I spent about 4+ hours searching for gold, and got none..so searching for free hours might be as productive,
Today I spent about 6 hours cutting and installing molding and fitting cabinet doors ..for free.

Last edited:
Ooh, transmutation! High voltage+low current vs. the incomprehensible pressures and temperatures inside a star (or the violence of a supernova). Yeah, I can see the high voltage+low current thing working :)

QT: (Then I'll hand out warnings if it doesn't stop.)
If what doesn't stop..a science guy looking for free shop time..I think that is a fair request..

The beating of the dead horse.

And he should have mebbe tried the RFQ forum. I'd maybe have this moved there, except that I doubt @Ox would want it there either. Asking working men that one doesn't know from Adam to give their time away for free is just a plain non-starter. And especially after saying that he could pay for material.

This request is probably one of those that would be better served on one of the hobby machining forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back