What's new
What's new

Looking in the Ohio area, what companies do drones or additive manufacturing?

setlab

Aluminum
Hello all, I just finished up a ME degree and am looking around for an interesting starting position near Ohio or Indiana. It seems a bit overwhelming at the moment to find specific companies out of a haystack of employers when I don't recognize any names. Are there any companies to check out that do work with drones/UAVs or additive manufacturing? Off the top of my head I'm thinking Lockheed, GE, and General Dynamics but there must be tons more in Ohio/Indiana right?

Are there any machine tool building companies in the area like someplace that builds CNC machines? I feel like that would also be an interesting area to search in.

FANUC has some midwest offices. Cincinnati one is right across from Kings Island.

INTEL is putting down roots in central Ohio in a big way. Mostly construction at first, but there should be some spicy activity in the coming decade.

Thanks guys, I think I may have found a position thats a pretty good fit.

On the Intel subject, have you heard anything about when they anticipate their facilities to be running? Kinda sounds like a good opportunity to work with AM embedded electronics.

Back