What's new
What's new

Lubricants for Schaublin 102-vm

Hello, I recently purchased a Schaublin 102-vm, which is a relatively small but highly precise lathe. The various manuals specify the lubricants to be used, or rather the recommended viscosity depending on the locations. However, I haven't bought these lubricants yet, as they are not available in nearby stores. I'm wondering if synthetic motor oil could be suitable for a few hours of use. This may sound like a stupid question, and it is, but just have to know for once.

What is your location and what oils are specified in your manual? In a pinch I would look for non-detergent single weight oils such as hydraulic oils. You should be able to find this at an auto parts store.

RT

What is your location and what oils are specified in your manual? In a pinch I would look for non-detergent single weight oils such as hydraulic oils. You should be able to find this at an auto parts store.

RT
Tellus 46 >> Transmision boxes and main bearings nipples.
Gadus S2 V220 2 >> All other nipples.

Tellus 46 is a hydraulic oil, Gadus looks like a pretty common No 2 grease with lithium. These should be easy to find in any city. Go to a garage that services trucks or a farm supply place if in a rural location. Any auto parts store should have something usable. If in a major center you can look up the Shell industrial distributor.

RT

I see you are near Montreal from another post. You should list your location to make it easier to help you.

Call Westpier for Shell lubricants. They are in East Montreal, just off the 40.

RT

Hello, I recently purchased a Schaublin 102-vm, which is a relatively small but highly precise lathe. The various manuals specify the lubricants to be used, or rather the recommended viscosity depending on the locations. However, I haven't bought these lubricants yet, as they are not available in nearby stores. I'm wondering if synthetic motor oil could be suitable for a few hours of use. This may sound like a stupid question, and it is, but just have to know for once.

Back