What's new
What's new

M00 not working

cuttergrinder

Hot Rolled
i am running a leadwell lathe with fanuc oi-tc control and i need to stop a program in the middle. I programmed an M00 on its own line but the control ignores it and just keeps going.

barbter

Diamond
Sample program?
It should stop everything in its tracks.
Depends on PLC....when I first got the Siemens lathe, it would stop but not open the door (1x machine).
Then I got the second, and the door would open but the chuck pedal wouldn't activate, so I couldn't manually pull a bar....

camhead420

Aluminum
I am with DouglasjRizzo, I have yet to see a Fanuc control not stop on an M00.
Please post your program.

chad883

Cast Iron
Look for a switch on the control that says something like continuous or something similar. I have seen toggle switches that make the machine ignore things like that.

cuttergrinder

Hot Rolled
I got it to work. I had the M00 right after a G71 roughing cycle. To get it to work, I just put a space between the end of the roughing cycle and the M00 Line.

kustomizer

Titanium
I was always amazed at how creative folks could be in jacking something up but could rarely figure out own how to unjack it.
After a particularly rough week of just that, I was filling out an application for something and under "job title" I put unfucker, when asked what that meant I told them I used to work as a machinist, now I just wonder around the shop and unfuck things at a rate of about half of the speed they could go around ahead of me and fuck them up. When asked how many people I had working for me I told them "about half of them"

Fancuku

Cast Iron
I got it to work. I had the M00 right after a G71 roughing cycle. To get it to work, I just put a space between the end of the roughing cycle and the M00 Line.

Yes, if you have M00 in a line with other codes the control will skip it in my experience. Even if it's just a note in parentheses.
It only works if it's in its own.

DouglasJRizzo

Titanium
Depends on PLC....when I first got the Siemens lathe, it would stop but not open the door (1x machine).
Then I got the second, and the door would open but the chuck pedal wouldn't activate, so I couldn't manually pull a bar....

True, but as Mr.Greenman has stated, I have to agree with, I've never seen a Fanuc that didn't stop in its tracks at an M00.

6's, 5's, 7's, 10's, 11's, 18's, 0's. They all did.
So this really has my curiosity. You may very well be right, it could be PLC related.

barbter

Diamond
True, but as Mr.Greenman has stated, I have to agree with, I've never seen a Fanuc that didn't stop in its tracks at an M00.

6's, 5's, 7's, 10's, 11's, 18's, 0's. They all did.
So this really has my curiosity. You may very well be right, it could be PLC related.

Op was sorted - it was placement of his M00.
My Siemens weren't, they were PLC issues.
I had heard that an early machine (same make/model of mine), had an active chuck foot pedal, in cycle....