What's new
What's new

mach3 false limit switch triggers

johnrobholmes

Aluminum
Ive got a little taig mill thats for small jobs and it just started throwing out "limit switch" errors that are screwing up my positioning and pausing programs at the worst time. But I have no limit switches! There is no plugin for the motion controller, there are no switches. Im very confused at this new problem.

any suggestions?

Ive got a little taig mill thats for small jobs and it just started throwing out "limit switch" errors that are screwing up my positioning and pausing programs at the worst time. But I have no limit switches! There is no plugin for the motion controller, there are no switches. Im very confused at this new problem.

any suggestions?
Yes, try over at the "zone" .
cnc-zone.com

When I hit home on the software it goes to my home location as set in software. g28 is going to a random point in space and hitting limits. Weird, I dont know what happened but things are funky now.

figured it out while viewing program coords instead of machine. I hit set home and the Y value didn't set zero, but offset a few inches. moved it again, hit home, closer to zero. repeat 4 times and home was now at zero where I set it. maybe something to do with being in incremental mode? I had to reset the machine power to get back into absolute. it wouldn't take g90 or g91 commands.

0/10, dont recommend mach3 controlled machines

Back