What's new
What's new

Machine Shop Tour Opportunities in Venice Beach/Long Beach Area

Admin5

Administrator
Staff member
Hey fellow machinists!

As you may know, Practical Machinist has a YouTube series: Machine Shop Talk where we feature shops from all around. This is a great opportunity to share your shop's story and show the world all your capabilities and what makes your shop unique.

On the week of June 24th we will be in the Venice Beach/ Long Beach area in California and we are hoping to stop by a couple of shops with our great host @IanSandusky!

Reply here or email us at [email protected] for more details!

Thanks,
Ines

On the week of June 24th we will be in the Venice Beach/ Long Beach area in California and we are hoping to stop by a couple of shops
Unless you're looking to make bongs or roach clips, Venice is not exactly the manufacturing center of southern california ... possibly ask someone who lives there, like triumph or donkey, who would be a good shop to visit ?

Donkey already reached out to the one place I could think of that's worth their time and would make a good video. I sent them a link and why I think Ian Sandusky will absolutely choose Jay Pierson as his VP running mate (since he's already been there). We'll see if they're interested.

Grew up in Long Beach in the 70’s and early 80’s, there were loads of machine shops. Once the base closed and oil industry died out it all disappeared. A friend from high school family had a shop, machining oil well drill bits and related parts.

I think there is still some air but McDonald Dougles leaving is probably not much. Signal Hill had a bunch of shops but that probably changed. No one can forget all the work from Howard Hugh’s brought to the area with all his projects he had going on. There is a rich machining history, even more when you look at the war efforts.

Hey fellow machinists!

As you may know, Practical Machinist has a YouTube series: Machine Shop Talk where we feature shops from all around. This is a great opportunity to share your shop's story and show the world all your capabilities and what makes your shop unique.

On the week of June 24th we will be in the Venice Beach/ Long Beach area in California and we are hoping to stop by a couple of shops with our great host @IanSandusky!

Reply here or email us at [email protected] for more detail!

Thanks,
Ines
What are the requirements and the process for having my shop featured on the Practical Machinist YouTube series "Machine Shop Talk" during the week of June 24th in the Venice Beach/Long Beach area in California?

What are the requirements and the process for having my shop featured on the Practical Machinist YouTube series "Machine Shop Talk" during the week of June 24th in the Venice Beach/Long Beach area in California?
Hey @ZaimStev - Let's talk via email and see if the shop would be a good fit! Here are a few examples of previous shop tours we have recorded with our team:

An Outright Exemplary Shop | Skillcraft Machine Shop Tour
Swiss Machining and Cobots | M&R Engineering Shop Tour
Every MACHINIST Should Visit This PLACE! | American Precision Museum Tour Pt 1

Donkey already reached out to the one place I could think of that's worth their time and would make a good video. I sent them a link and why I think Ian Sandusky will absolutely choose Jay Pierson as his VP running mate (since he's already been there). We'll see if they're interested.
@Donkey Hotey - Feel free to share our email address with them: [email protected]. Thanks for the help!

Back