What's new
What's new

Makino Customer Service Letdown!

Sounds like Makino needs to liquidate or merge. I don’t own a Makino and probably will never need a cnc machine but if I ever do or I know someone looking at or into a Makino I’ll tell them your story and avoid them like the Plague

You don't own a CNC and your getting your blood pressure UP?

Own a cnc and you'll soon discover all the (sometimes expensive) joys of owning a CNC machine.

I wouldn't bother trying to tell somebody the OP's story, what happened to him wasn't a big deal, it was solved without having to pay $2500. Anybody you tell is going to think the OP was rather petty. And then when you tell them you've never owned a Makino or cnc, their going to walk away rolling their eye's.

I wouldn't own another Makino, parts are just too expensive for the type of operation I have. That's why I prefer Fadals.

Makino's machines are top of the line, and their support of their CUSTOMERS is as well.
There's the difference, yeah ? Same thing was true of US machine tool builders, but they considered anyone who had one of their machines to be a CUSTOMER.

Maybe you hadn't bought anything from them yet, but you were going to, so whatever they could do to build brand loyalty was good. That didn't mean they'd send a guy over to fix your 20 year old machine for free, but telling you what a LS189 was, didn't cost them much and built the customer base. It sure was cheaper than a booth at IMTS.

Hardest thing to get is the first sale. Guys like OP here already past that part. Too bad they ran him off.

then again - if 2500 for qualified phone support scares potential customer off, what would you expect to happen when they inquired about price for one of those Makinos new?

Makino makes basically no profit when that machine is going into 2nd 3rd or 5th hands, apart from gaining some profit from selling replacement parts, but I'd argue that you'd need to sell quite a lot of them to come out even having qualified engineer sitting on the phone selling those things... alternative is to overcharge on the parts and have no 2500 entry fee, but this same OP will come back and complain that the timing belt from Makino costs 3x what the same belt cost him from automotive store...

Expensive and good things cost real money to maintain, I really don't understand people expecting freebies with these...

Hardest thing to get is the first sale. Guys like OP here already past that part. Too bad they ran him off.

They didn't run him off, the OP got his machine running and then cut and run. It wasn't a big deal what he had to go thru to get it running imho.

I suspect the OP probably has a habit of doing this. If he wasn't complaining about the $2500 it would have been something else.

You don't own a CNC and your getting your blood pressure UP?

Own a cnc and you'll soon discover all the (sometimes expensive) joys of owning a CNC machine.

I wouldn't bother trying to tell somebody the OP's story, what happened to him wasn't a big deal, it was solved without having to pay $2500. Anybody you tell is going to think the OP was rather petty. And then when you tell them you've never owned a Makino or cnc, their going to walk away rolling their eye's.

I wouldn't own another Makino, parts are just too expensive for the type of operation I have. That's why I prefer Fadals.

That’s your opinion. I don’t agree

Back