What's new
What's new

Makino VS Okuma for hard milling

Looking at a Makino F5 and a Okuma Genos M560 for hard milling of tool steal that has been heat treated to 60 to 64 Rockwell. Does anyone have recommendations?
my experience is hard milling more to do with short length tool holders and short length tools and low depth and width of cuts when hard milling.
i usually only take a .001 or .002" at a time usually milling a part for a change in design after heat treated. never had problems but i has not expecting more than 2 hours tool life anyway

I don't think this is really and apples to apples comparison but if you don't need the 20k hsk spindle, or scales on the Makino, I would go with the Okuma. If you feel you need the 20k rpm and scale feedback I would get the Makino. The Makino is probably 200k+, the Okuma about 150k. I would get the one that will suit you best long term.

Both Okuma MB-v and the MA-v series has got 25k spindels on the optionslists. And probably scales too, (i know the horizontals got those options available, and probably everything else you can think of). Sounds a bit strange to me to compare a makino with the "cheapest" Okuma-model. I would go for the beefier MA for that kind of work. :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Back