What's new
What's new

Manual program unit on Smart control

thompsoncad

Plastic
I'm sure all these questions will get old sooner or later, I'm just trying to learn. Without a g/m code book specific to my machine, as well as a parameter book, I don't know my way around much. Here's my question; I need to manually program to select a tool, move in x, index and lock spindle, move in z, unclamp, move in z, clamp, move in z, return to tool change. The code list it gives me with soft keys is not helpful. Appreciate any help! Realistically the main issue is telling the spindle to orient and lock. Everything else is taken care of.

If you create an EIA/ISO program there should be a full G and M code list somewhere in there when you are in edit mode. It may not be on the soft keys but on the top needing you to mouse up to it. Under help I think.I could be off on this one though because I think the Smart control is Linux based.

If you create an EIA/ISO program there should be a full G and M code list somewhere in there when you are in edit mode. It may not be on the soft keys but on the top needing you to mouse up to it. Under help I think.I could be off on this one though because I think the Smart control is Linux based.
No list at all or any help function available

Back