What's new
What's new

Master Disk Sander

Fred T

Cast Iron
Gentlemen,
Have any of you put a 24" Master disk sander on a mobile base? sure would be nice to be able to move it around the shop without a tow motor. My concern is that the machine is a little top heavy. I guess the table could be lowered for moving then raised for work. Please share your opinions,
Thank you all
Fred

I agree, if you have a pallet jack that is the way to go. I have a 30" disc and oss combo on skids and the pallet jack makes light work of it.

Thank you for the idea of the pallet, its a good one however I dont own a pallet jack. Apparently no one has put one on a mobile base.

Thanks again
Fred T

There are lots of designs for mobile bases. Just make your own with some casters that are big enough. Then use some kind of bolts to the floor so you can stabilize/level the machine. You will enlarge the footprint which will make it more stable. I put two swivel wheels and two fixed wheels on a Boggs pinch roller, minimal extra size, minimal clearance from floor, no floor bolts and it rolls easily. The custom brackets for the wheels look like factory.

Back