What's new
What's new

Mastercam 2022 chain - connect open profile/split

Tania

Plastic
I have a split clamp part I want to use dynamic 2d to rough the outside profile. How can I chain across the split? I tried drawing a line to connect them, but it seems I cannot chain both the line and the part geometry, only one or the other. It doesn't work with 'open profile' either. What am I missing?

The part geometry is "Avoidance" region? and material chain is "machining" region? is that correct?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 3
I have a split clamp part I want to use dynamic 2d to rough the outside profile. How can I chain across the split? I tried drawing a line to connect them, but it seems I cannot chain both the line and the part geometry, only one or the other. It doesn't work with 'open profile' either. What am I missing?

The part geometry is "Avoidance" region? and material chain is "machining" region? is that correct?
Create a new circle and use it in 2 d about 2 inches above part so it’s not confusing
Don

Create curve on edges in 2 d put 2 inches in the z spot click on edges it will appear above your part the at the end create line and connect the remaining gap

Back