What's new
What's new

Mastercam vs nx cam???

mhajicek

Titanium
Ever since 2017 Mastercam has required way to many mouse clicks to get anything done. The UI team used Microsoft Office as a template / model to emulate. They actually told me they don't care that experienced users will find it much slower and more awkward; they want it to appeal to younger, inexperienced users and their office managers who are accustomed to Word and Excel.

Mtndew

Diamond
Ever since 2017 Mastercam has required way to many mouse clicks to get anything done. The UI team used Microsoft Office as a template / model to emulate. They actually told me they don't care that experienced users will find it much slower and more awkward; they want it to appeal to younger, inexperienced users and their office managers who are accustomed to Word and Excel.

Yeah that was a PR mistake on their part. If it's one thing we programmers love it's options. They need to give us an option for everything.
It definitely took me a while (a couple of months) to get efficient on it after X9. But I feel I'm just as fast if not faster now.

barbter

Diamond
Yeah that was a PR mistake on their part. If it's one thing we programmers love it's options. They need to give us an option for everything.
It definitely took me a while (a couple of months) to get efficient on it after X9. But I feel I'm just as fast if not faster now.

Don't forget "even a 6 year old can do it".... :rolleyes5:

barbter

Diamond
What's that from?

It was a few years ago now....one of the sales guys at a product launch (I think the optirough release) had his daughter run through a model and click the roughing and "it's so easy, even a 6 year old can do it"....

empower

Stainless
It was a few years ago now....one of the sales guys at a product launch (I think the optirough release) had his daughter run through a model and click the roughing and "it's so easy, even a 6 year old can do it"....

cringe....